Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Aqua Marine" Interior Colours ?

I've arrived at the gilded conclusion that I wanta paint my AMT 1963 Nova Wagon's interior in that (common-for-the-era) 'aqua marine' shade. 

I'm looking for an 'over-the-counter' paint to accomplish this ; something in aerosol or brush-on. 

Recommendations ? 

Thanks !

I use craft paints on my interiors these days, or artist acrylics. Plenty of colors to choose from and what may not be dead on is either close enough or I mix it myself. I brush the colors on usually, but spray the primer. If you go to a place like Micheals you will find more colors than you know what to do with. Or Hobby Lobby for that matter.

A lot of people here don't like Rustoleum paints but in the 2x spray paint line you will find aqua, or ocean mist enamels. The key would be to find it in flat or at most satin, you don't want gloss unless you're willing to spray a flat clear over it . Also Tamiya might have a spray can of aqua, not sure since I don't use rattle cans, I airbrush most things. Here is a chart though:Tamiya Color 100ml Spray Paint - Picture 1 of 1

• Thanks 1

I picked up a can of the Rustoleum 2X paint at our Menards (like Lowes or Home Depot) that has the mid 60's GM aqua interior look and it has a little metallic which looks right to my eye. 

• Thanks 1