Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cruise the Holden Outback cookout

Stumbled across this Indy show earlier in the week on Facebook.  GM had me hooked when they talked of importing the Holden Ute but they bailed shortly afterwards and winding down Pontiac all together.

thumbnail (37).jpeg

thumbnail (36).jpeg

thumbnail (35).jpeg

thumbnail (34).jpeg

thumbnail (33).jpeg

thumbnail (32).jpeg

thumbnail (31).jpeg

thumbnail (30).jpeg

thumbnail (29).jpeg

Edited by HomerS

• HomerS changed the title to Cruise the Holden Outback cookout
14 hours ago, HomerS said:

Stumbled across this Indy show earlier in the week on Facebook.  GM had me hooked when they talked of importing the Holden Ute but they bailed shortly afterwards and winding down Pontiac all together.

thumbnail (37).jpeg

thumbnail (36).jpeg

thumbnail (35).jpeg

thumbnail (34).jpeg

thumbnail (33).jpeg

thumbnail (32).jpeg

thumbnail (31).jpeg

thumbnail (30).jpeg

thumbnail (29).jpeg

I love these cars. I had the good fortune to purchase a new '05 Pontiac GTO, Holden Manero, that was based on these cars. I had owned El Caminos in the past and GM stopped offering them in '86 at a time when I didn't need a new car. When GM announced, they were going to offer the Ute version for sale thru their Pontiac dealers I was ready to trade and even had some people that wanted to buy my GTO. I held off since with GM nothing ever seems to move according to what they announce to the public. Well, it never happened, and I got to drive the GTO for nine years. The basic quality of the build of these cars, along with the fit and finish, was beyond what GM offered in most of the domestic vehicles at the time. I still miss that car.