Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Scout II Aftermarket options out there? (not Olson)

I know that Olson Bros had some rather awesome parts for the Scout II, but with their demise (I hope things work out for him), are there other options out there? 

I'd really like to know if there are other grill /headlight options; similar to what Mr. Olson was planning to produce. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish there was someone who could offer more grills, flat hood, bumpers and such.  I never did get any of the Olson parts.

There are so many opportunities for this platform.  Other cool parts would be the steel halfcab and the Terra top to replace the traveltop on the kit. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the Olsen Brothers front bumper and winch, along with the rear step bumper.   (No commentary - and I hope things work out for him).

Unfortunately, I knocked the nearly completed scout off my bench and the rear step bumper is pretty much destroyed.  That, and the lifted suspension I had cobbled together. 

So, seeing as I need to make some significant repairs - does anyone know of either aftermarket parts (bumpers, etc.) that are available, or even 3d files that would be available?  (My local hobby shop has several 3d printers, which is pretty cool).

thanks in advance

Just now, Jonathan said:

I have the Olsen Brothers front bumper and winch, along with the rear step bumper.   (No commentary - and I hope things work out for him).

Unfortunately, I knocked the nearly completed scout off my bench and the rear step bumper is pretty much destroyed.  That, and the lifted suspension I had cobbled together. 

So, seeing as I need to make some significant repairs - does anyone know of either aftermarket parts (bumpers, etc.) that are available, or even 3d files that would be available?  (My local hobby shop has several 3d printers, which is pretty cool).

thanks in advance

I apologize - I did ask about available parts earlier - I should have replied there. 

@admin - please delete this thread.

So, seeing as I need to make some significant repairs - does anyone know of either aftermarket parts (bumpers, etc.) that are currently available, or even 3d files that would be available?  (My local hobby shop has several 3d printers, which is pretty cool).

thanks in advance

Theres a few files available on cults for off road stuff. I dont recall seeing any specificly for the scout but jeep parts might work and if you also look among the rc parts then you will have many more options as off road seems more popular among them than it is with us model folks. The problem with the rc parts is most will need mounting holes removed or filled. There are loads of options though ranging from vintage through modern and many of the files are free too

6 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Theres a few files available on cults for off road stuff. I dont recall seeing any specificly for the scout but jeep parts might work and if you also look among the rc parts then you will have many more options as off road seems more popular among them than it is with us model folks. The problem with the rc parts is most will need mounting holes removed or filled. There are loads of options though ranging from vintage through modern and many of the files are free too

I hadn't even considered Jeep or RC parts.  Thank you for that ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 5:29 AM, ncbuckeye67 said:

Have you tried VCG Resins?

Thank you, Jeff.

I looked through their stuff and while I didn't find anything specific to the Scout, I did find a bunch  of other stuff I'd like to try! :)