Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 Ford Falcon Futura

spencer1984

• 4 months later...

Cool build - I think every one of the promos that is not in a box looks just like that.  Was missing a body for my Craftsman, stalked Falcon auctions for a few years and dang if they were not all dredged from a sandbox or worse.  Sure would be great if the 3D universe could scan some of these fragile bits, they have the market to themselves with Don's tooling retired. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!

On 2/24/2024 at 11:33 AM, FoMoCo66 said:

I love how you referred to the worn off chrome as patina🤣.

Pre-weathered for my convenience! 😆

On 3/5/2024 at 9:59 AM, Ragtop Man said:

Cool build - I think every one of the promos that is not in a box looks just like that.  Was missing a body for my Craftsman, stalked Falcon auctions for a few years and dang if they were not all dredged from a sandbox or worse.  Sure would be great if the 3D universe could scan some of these fragile bits, they have the market to themselves with Don's tooling retired. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone take up that mantle very soon!

On 3/9/2024 at 6:43 PM, Duddly01 said:

Nice save on a sad promo. I love the 63 falcon convertible but haven’t seen a kit and most promos I see just seem to high to rip apart and build.

I hear you, it took a long time before I found one that wasn't priced so high that I automatically balked at it!