Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truckquiz #21 - Finished

I think this time was a bit tough due to the fact that the type wasn't that easy to identify. Magirus Deutz had named their trucks until 1964 after planets and stars, like Mercur, Saturn or Sirus. After 1964 they used the an new identification were the first numbers represent the power of the engine and the second numbers stood for GCW. In German called "Eckhauber" (edge nose) trucks were the AWD version of the "Rundhauber" (round nose) on-road trucks. There were engine available between 125 and 230 HP and the GCW goes from 9t up to 26t in 4x4 or 6x6 axle configurations available. You could only identify them via the nameplate at the side of the hood. Truck with higher GCW had 10-20 tires while the smaller GCW trucks had 9-20 tires. Deutz engines were air cooled 6 or 8 or 12 cylinder. Until 1958 there was also a 4 cylinder air cooled diesel available which had a smaller hood in  but same length as the hoods for 6, 8 or 12 cylinder engines trucks.

I took the picture during a photo shooting for the owner of this 1967 Magirus Deutz 125D10 (only in German). This truck was a former firefighter vehicle that was converted to a flatbed truck. This truck is power by a 6 cylinder air cooled diesel engine.  

Most answers were not 100% correct due to the above mentioned points but I said correct for most of them.

otherunicorn

ChrisR

Fabrux (You got it 100% correct)

thatz4u

Ace-Garageguy

Congratulations

Truckquiz 21.jpg

Edited by carsntrucks4you