Model Cars Magazine Forum

Butch Leal 65 Plymouth

20 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Thanks, I was afraid of that

Does the currently avail 65 Belvedere have the correct interior in it and/or the hemi ????

Are you thinking about the Moebius '65 Plymouth Belvedere I model.? I built one last year and may be able to answer any content questions as to whether or not it could be used as a bases for a Butch Leal model. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:15 AM, espo said:

Are you thinking about the Moebius '65 Plymouth Belvedere I model.? I built one last year and may be able to answer any content questions as to whether or not it could be used as a bases for a Butch Leal model. 

Yes, Does it have the correct A990 interior ( like shown ) or the one from the Satellite , which is all wrong a 65 hemi car 

I assume it does NOT have the hemi in it like the Butch Leal version

A990-interior.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Hi Bill. The Belvedere I kit has an interior very much the same as your picture. The picture is of the interior of the one I built as a street cruiser. I think it would take very little beyond some decals to create a Butch Leal car.  The kit only has the one engine, and they call it a max wedge with a cross ram duel 4 bbl. option and a chromed air cleaner. They include a single 4 bbl. setup as well calling it a Commando 426 wedge engine. The carbs are a two-part affair and are best covered by the air cleaners or something in resin. Adding a Hemi may mean raiding another kit or again the aftermarket. The rear suspension has the parts to mount it as stock or about 2" lifted. They provide a nice-looking pair of slicks along with a set of four wide tread tires. The engraving looks good as does the sidewalls on all the tires. The front can be lowered with the extra spindles in the kit or leave it stock height. The bodies trim and lettering is well engraved and easy to detail. They do include decals for the PLYMOUTH lettering for the hood and the trunk and with some Solvaset they settle down well. I like the chromed spoke wheels as I used but they include a nice set of steelies with poverty hub caps and even a second pair of wider wheels for the slicks if used. The only thing I would caution is to watch the width of the differential, wheels and tires and the rear body clearance as it is very close, and you should plan on some sanding here and there in the usual places along with maybe even narrowing the differential even. Please post pictures of your build, I think you will like this kit. I have a couple extras laid back for another day myself.    

IMG_1798J.jpg

IMG_1805J.jpg

IMG_1806J.jpg