Model Cars Magazine Forum

Group Build do’s and don’ts?

atomicholiday

Hey guys, I’ve never done a group build before, but I’ve been thinking about it for a few months now.  I recently signed up for one starting in January, and I’m pretty excited.

But being a rookie to the concept, is there anything I should know going into it?  I mean beyond following the rules of the gb .  What I’m asking is, are there any unspoken dos or don’ts I should be aware of?

The number one objective is participation in a group build as Mike has stated, show your work and group support is great advice... you'll get the same in return. A group of like minded folks building the same subject in a community is fun. It's neat to see everyone's interpretation and creative expression of the challenge in a group build. and as always have fun! Try not to take yourself too seriously.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

same model into more than one GB

I don't see a problem with it. I've done it before. I've been to alot of contest shows where the same builds are entered. It's pretty much the same for an online platform. Model Car FB groups have alot of the same members and you'll see the same builds on different groups too. It's normal and if it's an exceptional build, I appreciate it everytime I see it. 

• Like 2