Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting my 1990 Corvette convertible: Build-off entry 2 of 3

ismaelg

Hello,

For the last few months, I've been working "in secret" on a special build-off  project. 

You can read more about this build-off here: https://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/186704-ladies-and-gentlemen-presenting-my-grassroots-corvette-autocross-racer-build-off-entry-1-of-3/ 

This was the second completion of this build-off.  This project had been in my mind since 1989 when at a local car show a dealer brought a brand spanking new 1990 Corvette convertible with dealer installed ground effect kits.  But the only kit with correct 1990 wheels (one year only wheels) was the AMT. Unfortunately, this is one of the worst Corvette kits ever made. Nothing fits. So this was relegated to the back of the stash. When the build-off was announced I thought "it is now or never".  More than 70% of the battle was to make it fit. Paint is Scalefinishes (what else?) Arctic white with Scalefinishes new Honey Gloss clear.  This model has an engine, but the hood had to be glued shut to force the car to fit. Added valve stems, mirror faces, seatbelts and other interior details. Wheels were de-chromed and painted correct aluminum.   As usual, the windshield was blue tinted on top.
I obviously don't have a progress thread as this was some sort of a "secret" but I'll include progress pictures below.
Special thanks to Roberto Fanfan (madslammer) for organizing the build-off.

My 1990 Corvette convertible in 1/25
2v2eSjwruxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjwN9xJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjwjJxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjw8ExJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjwMHxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjfo5xJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjf2NxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjwzaxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjfvjxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjfU8xJ21ND.jpg

2v2eSjf9MxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eV4FJ5xJ21ND.jpg

2v2eTzsY5xJ21ND.jpg

2v2eVpijqxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eVpiMdxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eVpizyxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e7yCbvxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e7yCQ3xJ21ND.jpg

And family pics with the other 2 builds that will be posted separately. Will update this post to include the links once posted.

Link to the C4 racer:https://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/186704-ladies-and-gentlemen-presenting-my-grassroots-corvette-autocross-racer-build-off-entry-1-of-3/

Link to the '63 Restomod: https://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/186707-ladies-and-gentlemen-presenting-my-1963-corvette-conv-restomod-build-off-entry-3-of-3/

2v2eh7hDoxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eh7hRrxJ21ND.jpg

Finally, It is 1/25
2v2eh7hTvxJ21ND.jpg

Hope you like it!

Thanks,
Ismael

Edited by ismaelg
  • Like 6