Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pictures of your tuner

Hello. I'm a big fan of tuner car's. I'm not just talking about your Rice-Aronie big-winged Jap cars and what not. I mean ALL types of tuners. Especially, the exotic and luxury tuners like Koenig-Specials, Gemballa, Fields, VIP-type, Veilside, et'c. I'd love to see photo's of your "tuner" cars. Anything from Honda's up to exoticly-tuned Ferrari's! Won't you please share with me your pic's?

Edited by FujimiLover

I wanna play !! hehehe My only real Tuner thats not even a full fledged tuner as its bone stock I'm not a big tuner guy but a white car like this caught my eye and I just liked the simple no nonsense look

S7301884.jpg

S7301783.jpg

I got a Toyota Carina too but it aint done yet and Its gonna have a simple look too

Thank's guys! Like those models! I'll post my RX7 here when I'm finished with it, probably by late tomarrow evening. I've already attached the rear window, but still basically waiting for the clear coat to dry completely before finish assembling it.

Anybody done any Koenig Specials or Gemballa type models? I like that Honda Accord model!

How about some V.I.P. cars/vans?

Edited by FujimiLover

Wow Mike, all those are great, I really like that JTCC Accord and in my favorite color, very nice. B) Is that A Geo Storm and is the Z3 Tamiya? What did you use for the underglow?

We have some guys one here that also build VIPs as with Mike, but with the Novitec and Gembella, Koenigg tuners, not sure how many kits are even out. I'm actually glad you said about those because people only think of "tuners" as Honda's or Nissan's or whichever, getting them confused with "import".

William, I like all of them, that Miata is awsome. I don't think I've ever seen some of them, is that your Lotus? I always wondered that. :D

This thread has some nice models, i'll post some of mine,

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

The Green Integra, I don't like the wing on that, the Top Secret R34, I love the color but the wheels are too small and one of the kit ones got ruined so I used the MiniLites and I used the spoiler on the Integra, I have the stock spoiler for the R34 which looks good but I need to get another set of TE37's......sadly some of these had gotten damaged but would like to build them back up again, I just want to get more kits and build another one of some of them.

IMG_2630.jpg

MAMAan-vi.jpg

DSCN6780-vi.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_16802.jpg

IMG_16812.jpg

Edited by Nick F40

hey nick, i only *wish* that lotus was mine. its a friend of mines over in london. he got the lotus bug bad a couple of years ago when i was there and asked if they would drive me out to this lotus swap meet in coventry. the featured car was the elan but he and his wife fell big time for the elise/exige and next thing you know, they went out and bought one!

i like that brabham more actually and the little nissan boutique retro car is my favorite of the bunch. yeah i know they arent tuners by the common definition but i hardly ever stick to common definitions!

Thank's guy's! These day's the word "tuner" usually does refer to most Japanese import cars and some domestic cars. However, when I say tuner's, it is for ALL cars. ANY car that is modified from a major "tuning" facility is in my opinion a "tuner-car". AMG is a "tuner" for Mercedes I think, Alpine is one for BMW, et'c, et'c. Veilside is another great one, I mean there are just ton's and ton's of tuners out there.

Your RX7 looks really nice! :o I actually like everythign about it and that's hard, I have particular tastes and this is so clean, which is missing from a lot of tuners these days with some of the imports. Very well done and the color really sets it off. :)

I actually like this thread, very nice work and some I haven't seen before. I like that Supra :lol:

Your RX7 looks really nice! :o I actually like everythign about it and that's hard, I have particular tastes and this is so clean, which is missing from a lot of tuners these days with some of the imports. Very well done and the color really sets it off. :)

I actually like this thread, very nice work and some I haven't seen before. I like that Supra :lol:

Thank's for those kind words. It's actually the first kit I've done in three or some years of being out of the hobby. I've been so involved in Kyosho's Mini-Z racer's that I haven't gotten into model building. So I'm very pleased with the results on this RX7. There are some colors that are easy for me to paint, and some that are a pain to paint. Also, the type of paint, and the paint-can makes a difference as well. Plus just good old fasion time and patients. Patients is something I'm still learning even after 34 years! LOL!

It is hard to pick the right exterior color, interior color, wheels, et'c to make one complete package successfull.

I hope if budget allows, I can get another kit in two weeks and make another successful build. I've been wanting to get several kit's off ebay, but not enough credit in my account to cover'em. So, if I have enough cash, I might visit the local hobby shop and see what they've got. I'm very picky with what cars I decide to build or not build. I'm also particular on style as well.

Edited by FujimiLover

This is a great topic,iam a big tuner fan also.Mine 1/1 is tuned also.

Well i have a couple,do you guys have a moment.

This wha smine first build after 10 yaers, a mazda rx 7fc3s.

klaarrx7002.jpg

Mazda rx 7 fd

DSC00894.jpg

mazda rx7 greddy.

DSC03210.jpg

Toyota supra

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

Toyota yaris.

DSC03684.jpg

Nissan silvia s15 veilside

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

Mercedes 600 sl koenig

DSC03039.jpg

skyline ztune the 1e one and a new one that i am building know.

DSC03498.jpg

I don't have any finished tuners as my 1:1s are taking up all my free time. They have been posted before, but what the heck... I am always happy to show them off...

My RA29, currently under restoration..

frontsheetmetal.jpg

My 200$ M70 MkIII supra

newbumper.jpg

My free MA67 Mk II supra. It needs a head, but I am getting one tomorrow for free as well. she also needed a new hood and front fenders, which have been added at this time

Newhood.jpg

Tuners in the works,

R34 spec V, Eclipse and a Nismo R34 as well.

Edited by Ken