Model Cars Magazine Forum

Put more info in 'title' box, pls?

W Humble

Not that I have a huge stash or lots of resources, but I want to help you folk out there (you've been universally so generous with me!) and it would help if you could put at least three descriptive details in the 'Title' banner.  When I see 'Need wheels' nowadays, I almost always just skip the post, because it has no hint as to any specifics that I can use to assess my ability to contribute.  'need tires/wheels for 1/24 Strombecker Scarab' says a lot more, for instance, 'need chrome valve covers for 1/18 SBC' is more helpful than 'valve covers wanted'.  Some of the titles are very helpful; most actually -- usually the list the part, usually the scale, manufacturer, and any special info 'Jungle Jim funny', etc.

The tag words add info, if you use them that way, but so few do I usually just ingnore them (good for searching, I know); but within the character limits of the 'title' line, a lot of info can be communicated.  Actually, the word 'need' I stuck on my examples is superflous, too!  Thanks!!  Want to help -- and most of my stuff is very (60+ years old).  Wick 

I imagine this hoss has been ridden before... ?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you. I agree 100%. On another site, I read about someone offering 3D printed tire sidewalls. You get them any diameter you wanted. A pretty cool idea. Use PVC pipe or whatever else for the tire. I went back to get more info and could not find that thread anywhere, no matter what search terms I used. I finally posted a new thread to ask about it. The thread title was “Are you sitting down?”  The site was such a train wreck, I quit going there. 

• Thanks 1

Mike, yeah, I could as a retiree; but I'm saving some time for kits! Ha!  Also, I realize you can get much of the topic on each by just hovering over the title line and seeing a thumbnail.  But, it would be so much faster/easier if the whole title line were used to indicate the need specifics.  For me, anyway!  

You were obviously on Okinawa; did you know a senior chief named Don who later retired to Lockheed?  Friend from our Chico (CA) Air Museum, known as "Habuchief".  My bro-in-law was also there as a flight-line wrencher, but Navy, mostly F-4's.  Wick

21 hours ago, W Humble said:

Mike, yeah, I could as a retiree; but I'm saving some time for kits! Ha!  Also, I realize you can get much of the topic on each by just hovering over the title line and seeing a thumbnail.  But, it would be so much faster/easier if the whole title line were used to indicate the need specifics.  For me, anyway!  

You were obviously on Okinawa; did you know a senior chief named Don who later retired to Lockheed?  Friend from our Chico (CA) Air Museum, known as "Habuchief".  My bro-in-law was also there as a flight-line wrencher, but Navy, mostly F-4's.  Wick

I was a civilian contractor. Working for US government. Not the Air force