Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II by Minicraft Models: Finished

David G.

3 hours ago, HotRodaSaurus said:

Fujimi did produce a couple of RRs.a convertible and a Phantom V, though not great reprisentations and usually motorised. I sold the Phantom V on ebay back in November, the image is still their as of 19 Jan.

Thanks John . . . I did not know that Fujimi produced any kits of Rolls-Royce cars. The Phantom V sounds interesting . . .

David

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:34 PM, HotRodaSaurus said:

Fujimi did produce a couple of RRs.a convertible and a Phantom V, though not great reprisentations and usually motorised. I sold the Phantom V on ebay back in November, the image is still their as of 19 Jan.

Thanks for the information John.

I did some searching for the Fujimi kits and they seem rather expensive given the questionable quality and odd scale. They seem to be leaning more toward the collector's market rather than the builder's market... for those who make such a distinction. In either case, they're a little too dear for this builder's market.

Still, it's good to know that they're out there.

Thanks again.

David G.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, David G. said:

Hello Everybody!

I just realized that I haven't yet posted my traditional Display Case photo for this build, so here it is.

62_Rolls_81.jpg.c282d30da2162f75b7d682ddd338f6e7.jpg

Now this build is finished!

Thanks for your indulgence,

David G.

Your Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud has pride of place in your display case David . . . Surely worth it's weight in gold !!!

David W.

37 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Your Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud has pride of place in your display case David . . . Surely worth it's weight in gold !!!

David W.

Thank you very much David, for your kind comment and your support and encouragement during the build.

David G.

On 1/19/2024 at 11:17 PM, Anglia105E said:

Thanks John . . . I did not know that Fujimi produced any kits of Rolls-Royce cars. The Phantom V sounds interesting . . .

David

On 1/19/2024 at 11:17 PM, Anglia105E said:

David

I found these pics in my files of one I sold recently. 1963 motorised. It's not that bad ecxept the roof need a little work to make it the correct shape. I think it would make a good reprisentation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's ceremonial vehicle if you could vac form a clear roof.

Rolls Royce (2).JPG

Rolls Royce (7).JPG

Rolls Royce (8).JPG

On 1/22/2024 at 4:12 AM, HotRodaSaurus said:

I found these pics in my files of one I sold recently. 1963 motorised. It's not that bad ecxept the roof need a little work to make it the correct shape. I think it would make a good reprisentation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's ceremonial vehicle if you could vac form a clear roof.

Rolls Royce (2).JPG

Rolls Royce (7).JPG

Rolls Royce (8).JPG

Thanks for sharing the photos John.

It is a recognizable rendition though rather blocky and toy-like. To bring it up to what I would consider acceptable would take more work than I'm capable of. Or at least willing to currently take on.

I do like the mistranslation on the box, "Best oner car in the world." :) Did they mean "one", "owner" or "motor"? it seems like they hit on elements of all three words.

Thanks,

David G.

• Haha 1