Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas 3d Customs W series

I know that there are other threads that discuss this company and this cab, but I personally haven’t been one to jump on the 3d printing bandwagon right away. I have several 3d printed parts. Some are okay, some have been pretty good. Often getting rid of the printing line without removing details has proved a bit difficult. There are also a lot of new 3d semi truck cab offerings that to me look a bit toyish, but pictures can often be misleading. However I just received my Ford W1000 from Texas 3d Customs today, and I’ve got to say that I am very impressed. This is hands down the best all around quality 3d cab that I have gotten or seen. Very little clean up will be needed. The service was also exceptional. I expected delays because of Christmas and New Years, but it arrived in about a week. So, this thread is for those who might have been a bit skeptical about ordering one of these like I was. I’m very pleased with the quality of parts and service that I received. 

Thanks!!

Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I know that there are other threads that discuss this company and this cab, but I personally haven’t been one to jump on the 3d printing bandwagon right away. I have several 3d printed parts. Some are okay, some have been pretty good. Often getting rid of the printing line without removing details has proved a bit difficult. There are also a lot of new 3d semi truck cab offerings that to me look a bit toyish, but pictures can often be misleading. However I just received my Ford W1000 from Texas 3d Customs today, and I’ve got to say that I am very impressed. This is hands down the best all around quality 3d cab that I have gotten or seen. Very little clean up will be needed. The service was also exceptional. I expected delays because of Christmas and New Years, but it arrived in about a week. So, this thread is for those who might have been a bit skeptical about ordering one of these like I was. I’m very pleased with the quality of parts and service that I received. 

Thanks!!

Brian

Yes, his products are top notch.

I agree.  I just received my W9000 cab, along with some other things, today.  The print quality is very nice, and the details are great.  The dark grey plastic is a little odd, though, considering the photos on his Website (and here) show white plastic.  Not a complaint, just an observation.

So as far as my photography skills and color balancing things it's not very good Not only that but they are shot under bright white LEDs but as far as widest snow I can only think of a few that are older pictures where I was using a much lighter resin that did not show the details as well and I've never went back and assembled those engines and we took the photos. But that's generally limited to the coyote engines and maybe the original Firepower Hemi.