Model Cars Magazine Forum

is rather a simple kit mainly because the suspension & exhaust are molded into the chassis and interior is all one piece, i don't care for that so i'm building my second kit completely stock. tires & wheels from parts box , exhaust from ebay. thanks for looking.

1964_chevrolet_corvette_1590119618f98764daIMG_1480-2-scaled.webp

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5724.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

39749_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Edited by redzed
i forgot

That's going to be a good looking Vette. 

I've been thinking of combining one of these AMT split-windows with the chassis from the Revell '67 for a bit more detail. Having said that, I don't necessarily dislike the one piece chassis, as it allows one to get a great looking model on the shelf without getting mired in the weeds of detail.

Nice.  I'm building the same kit in the same style right now...go figure.   My "floor pan" was twisted out of the box and needed a heat gun to straighten so both front wheels touched the ground.  Glass needed much trimming too at the vent windows.  Is yours that way?  

And where'd you get the AP decals?  They look great.  I'm going to hand paint mine if I have to but it's gonna look less then good given my skills and shaky hand.

Your paint looks great. Love the color.

Posted (edited)

yes the vent windows needed trimming and i bought decals online a few years back as i needed A/G .A/GS ect. for some gassers i was building but forgot where i got them. i'll do a search for them.

gofer decals ,hobbylink, model car round up

gof11009.jpg

gof11047_lg.jpg

Edited by redzed
just searched
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 4:02 PM, redzed said:

yes the vent windows needed trimming and i bought decals online a few years back as i needed A/G .A/GS ect. for some gassers i was building but forgot where i got them. i'll do a search for them.

gofer decals ,hobbylink, model car round up

gof11009.jpg

gof11047_lg.jpg

Back in the 60s for lettering I use to use Electra set lettering they are a rub on lettering. I don't know if they still make them or not but if you're able to find them if you go to a good graphics supply store that deals in graphic supplies you can rub these on to a surface and spray a clear coat over it or leave the clear coat off of it they are not a decal they're used in the graphic industry with many different style of letterhead. I like what you did with the Corvette you did a very nice job in detail.