Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am basically a model car only builder but I have a passion for the SOHC bikes.  I have both a CB350 four and a CB500 four but there are no kits of my bikes.  So... I am building this new 1:12 scale Aoshima kit.  I think it was just released.  I tried to build the MPC 1/8 CB750 years ago and gave up on it.  This kit everything fits well except the tubing for brake lines, spark plug wires etc.  I trying to figure something else out.  Fun kit so far.  

IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

• Like 2

Following with much interest. This particular bike is a favorite of mine because I owned a '72 back in the early 90s. I have several kits of this bike, but all in larger scales - Heller, Airfix, MPC, Nagano, Tamiya.

Thanks for the head's-up on the Aoshima kit! You may already know but there is also a CB400 Four kit by Aoshima listed at Hobby Link Japan.

Edited by redscampi

Yes I debated on getting the 400F kit instead of this one.  This kit is so much better made than my MPC kit.  I actually gave up on that one it was so hard to get anything to fit.   This may be close to a Tamiya kit.   

• 1 month later...

This is cool. I had no idea this kit existed. I got a cb650 running last year and sold it for some pretty good money. Rebuilt the carbs. The 79 had a one year only carb style. The choke cable was broken so I 3d printed some. The material is ultem (look it up) a super resistant material (i didnt print it). It came with a wind jammer installed by the first owner I nick named it the "Dork jammer". I removed it and it looks much better. 

Before20220731_123231.thumb.jpg.e03d609eb55c41d8b9f93cbea7a4bf4b.jpg

After20230102_114320.thumb.jpg.c9a5afaaac55b70631567ffcc8ed4ee2.jpg