Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 vette SCCA style

I have to say that looking at everyone's work here is a bit intimidating.  But what the heck, practice makes perfect.  Finished my second project and here it is.  I need to get better at the photography side as well.  Had a lot of fun with this one. The steel wheels were a challenge to get mated to the kit inners.  Also adding the rear bumpers molded in mount points the real car has is beyond me right now but I did start experimenting with Milliput yesterday so I can add that sort of detail in the future.

Next I'm on to a '55 'vette club racer.  

63 Vete finished LT frnt.jpg

63 Vette finished.jpg

63 vette roll cage.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Mike.   I forgot to mention the obvious fact that they're all curbside.  I'm saving all the various motors, etc and maybe one day I'll do an engine shop diorama for fun.  I've always had a great admiration for the pro engine guys like Traco etc. 

This was my second roll age and it went better than the first, all using info I got from you guys.  I've been sourcing my wheels from Forward Resin and am very happy with his products.   Because it's winter here and my garage shop is not heated, I do my work in the basement this time of year which means no lacquer or enamels in the airbrush.  It's been fun learning to spray hobby store craft acrylics.  My shop compressor is too big and noisy for the house so after trying to use just my pig after filling it in the garage an getting frustrated with that I bought a cordless No-Name kit from Spraygunner.  It works ok if you thin things enough, just not enough pressure otherwise through the Iwata Eclipse I bought last summer.  What a nice tool that is compared to the 25 year old Badger 350 I have.  

I'm having a blast.

• 2 weeks later...