Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished body shop

Dirty Gringo

Is anything ever really finished though. Learned a lot during this build got ideas from others and tips for the next one. But for now this will work. My dad had a body shop here locally so I put one of the stickers up in memory of him and he built models.  Added some messing paint on the bench screwdriver in wall to show his anger at times haha it was a fun build. For the nova wagon under tarp waiting its turn. Don’t like how the “guide coat” turn out think can do better next time. 

IMG_5887.jpeg

IMG_5871.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5870.jpeg

IMG_5869.jpeg

IMG_5868.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5848.jpeg

IMG_5860.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Very nicely done.

I really like the posters on the wall. Different and very creative.

cheers, Graham

Thanks yeah I was trying to find small pictures and then realized duh scale auto mags should have small pics haha.

I like this and as you pointed out, it may not really be finished. You always think about adding more. Enjoyed your thought process with little things like the screwdriver in the wall.

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

I like this and as you pointed out, it may not really be finished. You always think about adding more. Enjoyed your thought process with little things like the screwdriver in the wall.

Thanks that came from his real emotion and anger at working on cars haha.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 9:50 AM, Dirty Gringo said:

Its just the kleenex trick and elmers glue trick I might have progress pics I can post let me check

This looks great, and the dead leaves were a nice touch.  I'll be trying this myself soon on my current build.

Did you paint the tarp blue after the Kleenex was dried to it's final shape or while it was still damp?

On 2/21/2024 at 9:48 AM, SDC said:

This looks great, and the dead leaves were a nice touch.  I'll be trying this myself soon on my current build.

Did you paint the tarp blue after the Kleenex was dried to it's final shape or while it was still damp?

It still little wet but usually do it dry I was just impatient.