Model Cars Magazine Forum

Falcon Modified Stocker - 24 hour (and more) build

Chris in Berwyn

I finished this old AMT kit today.  It was supposed to be done Sunday to make it in 24 hours, but due to other commitments during the weekend and a massive number of fit issues it got done today.  

The Tamiya Chrome Yellow went on well out of the can, as did the other Tamiya paints I used.  

It had been in my stash for 24 years, so glad it finally made it to the shelf!!

92A3BD22-A859-4840-98F7-4275112D4176.jpeg

DA1AA4C6-6A8A-4E65-9471-407E08E1EB5E.jpeg

AE456538-95DA-433E-9254-A2BB2C08E699.jpeg

23B5ECF7-D673-451A-8444-03EF6321D1B7.jpeg

• Like 2

Nicely done. I have 2 in the queue, a '66 Impala and the '65 Faitlane. I tried to use the kit '66 chassis, but wasn't able to get the rear low enough. The bodies are great to put on old NASCAR donor chassis.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this one to but I hate how amt destroyed the 69 falcon tooling to make this. My dad's first car, a 1966 falcon (which he still has today in running and driving order) has been a car that I have always loved. I would love to build one of the big bodied falcons (66-69) whether it be stock or drag, I just don't care for the modified stocker. I have always wanted a amt annual from the 60s my absolute favorite falcon years are the 66-67 because they are the oly big bodied falcons with round taillights. They are just impossible to find though. 

Ranting aside your falcon looks awesome 👌. Glad you got that one on the shelf.

Picture of my dad's car today (will remove Picture if you want)

Screenshot_20240224_102641_Gallery.jpg.cec0e8bac75319a216d6e82a2e0d5d2d.jpg

• Like 2

It's a real shame indeed, I always wanted to build a model of my friends '69 that got us to high school for 2 years. I thought about kit bashing your AMT kit with the Trumpeter '64, but I think it's a massive job. Anyway nice job on the stocker and I feel your pain on the replica of the real one!