Model Cars Magazine Forum

Robbos Scale Models

Has anyone purchased anything from this place. They seem to have a lot of good stuff at good prices. They are in Australia so shipping is a little high. I was curious about service and quality. If anyone has purchased anything from them, please let me know what you think.

In the past year, I bought a KW aerocab/sleeper for a W900 project (combining it with a hood from Jamie at Moluminum) and the service was good, shipping time was reasonable, and the casting quality was also good. Some cleanup required, but nothing terrible.

IMG_8956.thumb.jpeg.2be113ad30c75ce26d693e95f161491c.jpeg

I’d recommend them. Even with the shipping costs, the current exchange rate works very well in our favor.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, vincen47 said:

In the past year, I bought a KW aerocab/sleeper for a W900 project (combining it with a hood from Jamie at Moluminum) and the service was good, shipping time was reasonable, and the casting quality was also good. Some cleanup required, but nothing terrible.

I’d recommend them. Even with the shipping costs, the current exchange rate works very well in our favor.

Thanks! They have a couple of cabs that I have been wanting. 
About how long did it take after you ordered?

13 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Thanks! They have a couple of cabs that I have been wanting. 
About how long did it take after you ordered?

I don’t remember exactly, but it was probably in the 6 week range. Maybe less. I think it takes around the same time as an Auslowe order. 

9 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Has anyone purchased anything from this place. They seem to have a lot of good stuff at good prices. They are in Australia so shipping is a little high. I was curious about service and quality. If anyone has purchased anything from them, please let me know what you think.

I have bought from robbos scale models. There are some cleaning that needs to be done but not much more then from other makers. I have 4 cabs from him right now, 1 marmon, mack r700, "flintstone"mack and a kenworth bullnose.

Shipping time is about the same as auslowe. You also get a reflective sticker with his logo in every order if you collect stickers.

If you want i can take a few pic,s of the cabs if you want to see them.

13 hours ago, vincen47 said:

This is the same cab I bought very nice casting !