Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ist time using 2k clear

Usually that would be the interpretation. I have never heard of a product which uses that in reverse, 3 parts catalyst to 1 part clear. Does this clear seller have a website. I believe in double checking things first. LOL

2 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

Usually that would be the interpretation. I have never heard of a product which uses that in reverse, 3 parts catalyst to 1 part clear. Does this clear seller have a website. I believe in double checking things first. LOL

The bottle of Splash Paint clear says mix ratio 3=1 The catalyst has nothing on the label. Same info on the website

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike 1017 said:

The bottle of Splash Paint clear says mix ratio 3=1 The catalyst has nothing on the label. Same info on the website

Mike

I have the same Splash 2 part clear as well. The bottle of the clear itself, I believe is twice the size of the catalyst. Since it is Splash's product, then yes it is three parts clear to one part catalyst. Make the mixture first and then thin to a good consistency for airbrushing. Wise words from Mark indeed. Use good ventilation and wear a respirator mask if you have one.

42 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

I have the same Splash 2 part clear as well. The bottle of the clear itself, I believe is twice the size of the catalyst. Since it is Splash's product, then yes it is three parts clear to one part catalyst. Make the mixture first and then thin to a good consistency for airbrushing. Wise words from Mark indeed. Use good ventilation and wear a respirator mask if you have one.

No offense but yes the mixture is indeed 3 parts clear to 1 part Catalyst...HOWEVER...there is no need to thin Splash 2K Clear.  Once you mix it it is airbrush ready. 

Definitely wear a good respirator (not just a mask) as the catalyst WILL harm you.

This Bronco was painted with Splash paints...primer, paint and gloss 2K Clear over decals and BMF

FinishedBronco2.jpeg.6ccd0026a1d180c4e3c20ce1275f2e97.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BDSchindler said:

No offense but yes the mixture is indeed 3 parts clear to 1 part Catalyst...HOWEVER...there is no need to thin Splash 2K Clear.  Once you mix it it is airbrush ready. 

Definitely wear a good respirator (not just a mask) as the catalyst WILL harm you.

This Bronco was painted with Splash paints...primer, paint and gloss 2K Clear over decals and BMF

FinishedBronco2.jpeg.6ccd0026a1d180c4e3c20ce1275f2e97.jpeg

I have a Talon with a .66 needle and tip so I should not have any problems.

I did read up on 2k and its dangers. 

Thanks 

Mike