Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1964 Olds Cutlass Convertible White Wall Tires?

StevenGuthmiller

I don't have one of the '64 Cutlass convertibles, but something makes me think that the convertible has white walls instead of red lines like the hard top.

I might very well be mistaken.

But if it is the case, I would love to trade a set of the red lines for a set of the whitewalls, or a set of similar smaller thin whitewall tires.

I need a suitable set for my current 1964 Pontiac Lemans project.

Thanks!!

Steve

My 64 hardtop kit clearly shows whitewalls on the box art but that’s not the case inside the box. Possibly the convertible kit is the same way but I don’t have it to compare. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

4 hours ago, RT6PK said:

I have millions of tires. If you have a picture of what you need, I can probably match them up.

The red line tires in the AMT '64 442 kit look like this.

spacer.png

I assume that the whitewalls in the Cutlass convertible would be the same tires.

What I would really like to find is a set of the Moebius 1965 Plymouth Belvedere whitewalls!

I still think these are some of the nicest early 60s whitewalls ever produced!

They just look "right"!

I think I'll inquire about those in another thread.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steve

Hi everyone!

Thank you to all that have given this thread their attention, but I think that I've found an acceptable set of tires for my '64 Lemans, unless I can scrounge up some Moebius white walls from the '65 Belvedere kit.

These came from a vintage AMT 1967 Ford annual kit, and appear to be in very good shape considering their age.

I will continue to look for the Moebius tires, but these will do well in a pinch.

Thanks everyone!

spacer.png

Steve

Have you tried contacting Pegasus to see if they might sell the Belvedere tires separately?  With them selling snowplow and HD wheels/tires from their Ford ramp truck separately, you might just luck out.