Model Cars Magazine Forum

Curbside Pro Touring Style Yenko Chevette....

NitroMarty

Top speed of a typical Chevette,(w/o the wind blowing from behind, no Acme side mounted rocket boosters, level surface as opposed to a 45 degree or more downward sloped ramp. in front of a row of Pinto's ( at least two) lined up side by side AND all 4 cylinders firing) was probably higher by two to three points than what the oil pressure reading was at wide open throttle.

Three things were faster than stock Chevette...1) depreciation after purchasing one new 2) a rear ended Pinto on fire and 3) 3 day old roadkill. Actually 4 things.... Rust if the vehicle traveled on salted roads!

Jokes aside, I had no idea that Chevette fell under the Yenko umbrella. The mods are A1 as is the overall build.  I find that it's the unique subjects hold the most Interest,  always have a good story attached and give the most satisfaction knowing that you are the very few that has such a replica in their collection.

Great work!

Edited by satterwhite78

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, satterwhite78 said:

Top speed of a typical Chevette,(w/o the wind blowing from behind, no Acme side mounted rocket boosters, level surface as opposed to a 45 degree or more downward sloped ramp. in front of a row of Pinto's ( at least two) lined up side by side AND all 4 cylinders firing) was probably higher by two to three points than what the oil pressure reading was at wide open throttle.

Three things were faster than stock Chevette...1) depreciation after purchasing one new 2) a rear ended Pinto on fire and 3) 3 day old roadkill. Actually 4 things.... Rust if the vehicle traveled on salted roads!

Jokes aside, I had no idea that Chevette fell under the Yenko umbrella. The mods are A1 as is the overall build.  I find that it's the unique subjects hold the most Interest,  always have a good story attached and give the most satisfaction knowing that you are the very few that has such a replica in their collection.

Great work!

Actually, I had a girlfriend, back in the early 1980's, who's best friend had a little baby poop brown, 3-speed stick, Chevette that had to be one of the toughest little cars that I'd ever seen. Through snow, mud and everything else that car never missed a beat!

As far as Chevettes "falling under the Yenko umbrella".... Only in my twisted little imagination.

Edited by NitroMarty