Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trailer & Truck Compatibility Question - Revell trailer & Monogram truck

I'm considering building an auto hauler trailer (Revell auto transport trailer kit) but would like to know whether that trailer is compatible with the fifth wheel of the Monogram snap tite Peterbilt 359.  I've been told that trailers and tractors from different manufacturers are not compatible such as the Revell trailer would not connect with the fifth wheel of an AMT truck.  Your comments on this are appreciated, thanks.  

I don't see why it wouldn't fit.
As long as there is a reciever hole for the trailer king pin in the fifth wheel and the fifth wheel pivots freely it should fit just fine, otherwise it can't be a hard fix so they do.

TBH the only compatibility issues people mention are between 1/24 and 1/25 scale trucks and trailers, in that they look disproportionate, actual coupling usually isn't an issue. Anyway the Revell Peterbilt and the transporter trailer are both 1/25 so you shouldn't have an issue in that area.