Model Cars Magazine Forum

2024 Dodge Charger daytona rt

michelle

This is a 1/25 3d resin printed model kit the model files were made by Andrey bezrodny

this was a simple and very nice to build it has lots of detailed parts I did modify the model parts before I painted it to try and make it look more like the production car instead of the concept version show off back in 2022 at speed week I scribed Daytona below the license plate area on the lower back end and scribed the outline of the electric charger port door on the rear quarter panel I printed another back seat for the 2022 mustang mach-e which I cut the seat back off and cut the the head rests off to make the back seats folded down I also printed another set of front seats from the 2022 Mach-e files and cut the head read off and made new ones I hand painted the infotainment screen and gauge screen with different acrylic paints and paint brushes I scratch made the split for the lower front air dam I also cut the center console down

I painted the body rust-oleum 2x gloss marigold with a top coat of tamiya ts-92 metallic orange to give it a yellow orange color and the interior I painted rust-oleum 2x flat black primer I used a silver sharpie to do the chrome trim lighting in the dash and doors and center console and apple barrel matte black acrylic paint for the lower front air dam I used apple barrel gloss black for the front&back windshield trim and for the roof and side window trim and also used it on lower body trim and taillight panel I painted the rims rust-oleum bright coat metallic finish bright coat aluminum and the rims and tires are from my parts boxes

I made the front and back windshields from clear plastic using the kits 3d printed windshields as patterns and same with the rear side windows and roof window I used the kits 3d printed rear side windows and roof window as patterns

• Like 2

Nice job. How did you find the 3D printing? i'm hesitant buying 3D meshes, since you don't really know what you're getting. Some i've printed straight out, others have taken a heap of work to fix holes, etc.

8 hours ago, kruleworld said:

Nice job. How did you find the 3D printing? i'm hesitant buying 3D meshes, since you don't really know what you're getting. Some i've printed straight out, others have taken a heap of work to fix holes, etc.

Thank you 
As I said above they are very simple and very  nice  and have lots of detail to them the designer of the model files Andrey bezrodny does a great job and has a big selection and he plans to make and add more classic us cars and some European cars model files this year  also as well as the 2024 dodge charger daytona scat pack ev and the 2024 dodge charger daytona rt ev and the 2025 dodge charger six pack hurricane i6 twin turbo and maybe the 4 door version of all 3 sometime within the next couple months 

Oh and when you get the files they come pre scaled in a bunch of different scales there is is some kits that go all the way down to 1/72 scale and all go up to 1/18th and some up to 1/8 scale

the classic cars he makes have a option to add engines to them as the chassis and interior pan is set up for the engine and transmission some have the engine bay a separate part and some have them part of the body and the bodies come without hoods and like the modern cars they come as curbside bodies  with hoods molded in so you get choices on how to build them also the chassis and the bodies and the interior pans also come in multiple parts or one single part so you have a options depending on the size of your resin printer or how ever you want to 

iceman’s collection who sells resin printed car kits for limited runs and resin printed engines and diorama items a lot of his resin printed car kits are printed from andrey bezrodny‘s files I also found some of iceman’s offering he sells are made by blackboxstl on cgtrader like the revell 71 mustang custom body mod kit for one example