Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 scale early fifties 230 Ford 6 cyl

That engine should be a 223, used in trucks and cars up through 1964. Then the 240, a different design was used. The 300 followed in trucks. I believe that one of the Moebius Ford trucks has a 6, if it was 1964 or earlier it should be a 223. 

VCG Resins has a nice 240/300, I'm using a performance one in a stock car. He may have a stock one, look at Iceman too.

Edit: This is the stock 240/300 VCG Resins kit. Sold out, but close to what you want. I would just sand the valve cover smooth.

https://www.vcgresins.com/shop/p/ford240300i6stockenginekit

Edited by bobss396
vdgdgfh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bobss396 said:

That engine should be a 223, used in trucks and cars up through 1964. Then the 240, a different design was used. The 300 followed in trucks. I believe that one of the Moebius Ford trucks has a 6, if it was 1964 or earlier it should be a 223. 

VCG Resins has a nice 240/300, I'm using a performance one in a stock car. He may have a stock one, look at Iceman too.

Edit: This is the stock 240/300 VCG Resins kit. Sold out, but close to what you want. I would just sand the valve cover smooth.

https://www.vcgresins.com/shop/p/ford240300i6stockenginekit

I started to respond similarly but not being an expert on Ford sixes I didn't. Thanks for the info.