Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Eckler's Corvette suspension mods?

I've got this kit, which I think has potential, but I need some ideas for modifying the suspension.  It has the Eckler's flare package, which should allow you to run wider tires, but instead the kit setup just moves average size tires further out.  

I tried to find the instructions online so you would have a better idea of what I'm up against, but no luck.

33 minutes ago, Monty said:

I tried to find the instructions online so you would have a better idea of what I'm up against, but no luck.

You mean these?

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/chevrolet/corvette-unknown-year/amt-eckler-corvette/ecklerboxtop.html#media

Looks to me like the kit has stock suspension bits, but this specific kit's wheels just have longer center schnozzles on the backsides than stock wheels, moving the wheels outboard.

If that's the case, you can just fit wider wheels, no problema.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Ya know, I used to think my Google skills were more than adequate, but even though I tried searching for these directions on Drastic Plastic, I didn't get anywhere.  Thanks for the assist and the advice.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Monty said:

Ya know, I used to think my Google skills were more than adequate, but even though I tried searching for these directions on Drastic Plastic, I didn't get anywhere.  Thanks for the assist and the advice.  

Don't feel bad. Google gets stupider every day, and I spend a lot of time searching.  

And you're welcome, sir.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have the kit somewhere in my stash. I will see if I can find it. you just want the suspension assembly, correct? it may take a day or so. Ihave enough kits to open my own shop.

Edited by rattle can man
update on when I can reply

3 hours ago, rattle can man said:

I have the kit somewhere in my stash. I will see if I can find it. you just want the suspension assembly, correct? it may take a day or so. Ihave enough kits to open my own shop.

I've got a complete, unbuilt kit stuck away somewhere, and after reviewing the instructions  Ace provided, it looks like adding wider wheels and tires should be fairly simple without any major modifications or extra parts. 

Thanks so much for your generous offer.  This board has amazed me many times by the way other members step up with parts, info and advice for  other modelers, and you're obviously of the same mindset.