Model Cars Magazine Forum

First night was this past Tuesday.And it was packed.Its a weekly cruise night that begins this past week,through late Oct.Put on by Long Island Needs a Dragstrip.All volunteers at a church that just happens to have the perfect parking lot for a show.And they actually were able to bring drag racing back to LI.Its an 1/8th mile,track on a concrete runway,There’s no traction,but it’s still drag racing..Once the summer hits,there’s weeks where about a 1000 or so cars come down to the cruise night.Father Henry allows the show to go on,as long as there’s no street racing,burnouts,drugs,alcohol,etc.Hey it’s a church.

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

IMG_1014.jpeg

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, deuces wild said:

Got anymore pictures of that gold Nova SS????....🙂👍

Just this other one.Yea,that thing was so nice.The guy had to leave in a hurry.Otherwise I would’ve taken more pics.

IMG_1047.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I missed that one, but plan on taking my Ford before it gets too hot out. I have to sort a few things out on it hopefully this coming week.

The venue is great, they have a food truck each week and an ice cream truck once in a while. It pulls a lot of cars. It faces west and the summer sun is brutal. If I go this coming week, I might drive my Mustang.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I missed that one, but plan on taking my Ford before it gets too hot out. I have to sort a few things out on it hopefully this coming week.

The venue is great, they have a food truck each week and an ice cream truck once in a while. It pulls a lot of cars. It faces west and the summer sun is brutal. If I go this coming week, I might drive my Mustang.

Yea,it can get real hot down there.What year Mustang do you have,or do you have a picture?Maybe if I happen to see ya,I’ll come over to say hi.

14 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea,it can get real hot down there.What year Mustang do you have,or do you have a picture?Maybe if I happen to see ya,I’ll come over to say hi.

I have a Kona Blue 2020 Mustang. I plan to go on Tuesday of it doesn't rain. I have to wash the car and vacuum it out probably tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I have a Kona Blue 2020 Mustang. I plan to go on Tuesday of it doesn't rain. I have to wash the car and vacuum it out probably tomorrow.

Cool,not sure if you knew,but LI Cars is holding their Flowerfield car show,in St James today.Im out the door now,slept a little late,but what else is new🤷‍♂️?Hope to take a bunch of pics.Should be really crowded.

17 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Yeah, thanks for the pictures.  A lot of great looking cars....hard to pick a "winner"😆

This Nova and Mustang were insane.I overheard someone say that the Mustang had over 1,500 hp,running 8s,but who knows.🤷‍♂️

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1032.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 10:58 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Cool,not sure if you knew,but LI Cars is holding their Flowerfield car show,in St James today.Im out the door now,slept a little late,but what else is new🤷‍♂️?Hope to take a bunch of pics.Should be really crowded.

I usually skip 1:1 car shows, but do a cruise night with the Ford now and then.

IMG_20240318_083334_443.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 3:48 PM, bobss396 said:

I usually skip 1:1 car shows, but do a cruise night with the Ford now and then.

IMG_20240318_083334_443.jpg

Now that's an interesting year/model Ford. 6 cylinder? 

Edited by TransAmMike

4 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Now that's an interesting year/model Ford. 6 cylinder? 

1959 Ford Custom 300. The 223 6 is long gone. Now it has a 355 SBC that was in my Nova stock car. M20 Muncie 4 speed, 3.89 posi rear. 

IMG_20240318_083334_478.jpg

IMG_20240318_083334_375.jpg

10 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Super sleeper ya got there Bob👍

Thanks. The weight on the Colorado title was 3460, at the NY DMV, the Witches of Eastwick vanished behind closed doors for about a 1/2 hour with the title. They came back and said it should weigh 3550 and the color of the car is white and gray. With the aluminum heads, intake, 4-speed and aluminum radiator I figure it should come in at closer to 3400 lbs. The engine builder estimated it at 425 HP. It is a pretty fast car.

5 hours ago, bobss396 said:

Thanks. The weight on the Colorado title was 3460, at the NY DMV, the Witches of Eastwick vanished behind closed doors for about a 1/2 hour with the title. They came back and said it should weigh 3550 and the color of the car is white and gray. With the aluminum heads, intake, 4-speed and aluminum radiator I figure it should come in at closer to 3400 lbs. The engine builder estimated it at 425 HP. It is a pretty fast car.

Yep, I bet it is quick!!  Enjoy.

• Like 1