Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 'needle nose' conversion

On 5/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, Force said:

I have many pictures of the 1673 in my files since I started gathering when I found out the truck had one of them engines.
On many places it say that the truck had a 1674 but that's not true according to my reliable source, he say it was a 1673 due to age of the engines...the 1673, 1673A and 1673B was made 1960-1968 and the 1674 came on the market 1967...the movie was from 1971 and the engine was allready old and worn by then wich a 4 year old engine wouldn't have been...and the yellow air cleaner used wich was a 4 inch intake tube 1673 air cleaner, the 1674 used a 5 inch intake tube and a different looking air cleaner...so in conclution he says the engine must have been a 1673B.
Here is a link to my reference files for the 1673ย https://public.fotki.com/ForceFC1/cat-1673d333/ย , feel free to use them.

On this picture you see the missmatched wheels too, 5 hole steelies on the drive axle and 5 hole Alcoas on the rear tag axle as this is the passenger side, the other way around on the drivers side.
The suspension is hidden by the wheels most of the time so it's hard to see, and yes it's the beam you see highlighted in this picture and when you know how a Page & Page suspension looks like it's very clear.
Here is a truck chassis with that suspension.

Thanks for the engine reference file link! We/you/I would need dimensioned drawings like the one below from your collection before a 3D CAD drawing is a possibility. But I gues you don't have this brochure yourself?

2v2e5fSBjxAh9pk.jpg

I'll stop doubting the Page & Page rear suspension, and order that Czech set ๐Ÿ™‚

Rob

On 5/20/2024 at 5:28 PM, robdebie said:

Thanks for the engine reference file link! We/you/I would need dimensioned drawings like the one below from your collection before a 3D CAD drawing is a possibility. But I gues you don't have this brochure yourself?

2v2e5fSBjxAh9pk.jpg

I'll stop doubting the Page & Page rear suspension, and order that Czech set ๐Ÿ™‚

Rob

No I don't, the images was found on internet.
The 1673C is a redesign and is slightly different from the 1673 and 1673B and the 1673C appearently developed to the 3306.
These are the only dimensions I have found so far.

1673B2.jpg.5b3ae3d3b8c4a876f6ef5b8d67a6bef8.jpg