Model Cars Magazine Forum

IIRC, no one makes one right now. Kitchen Table Resin did kinda have one at one time. 

I made up the valve covers for it and gave instructions on how to modify a 429 big block Ford engine to look close but he didn't do the mods to the Ford engine before casting it, just cast the Ford engine with the Caddy valve covers included.

44 minutes ago, Iraceitall said:

Oddly enough, before Edelbrock made an intake you would use machined adapters and a 429/460 manifold in real life!

That's where I got the idea from.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

What about the supposed 472 in the later model Johan Caddys?

I honestly can't recall the straight scoop on that one right off hand...

I'm pretty sure that's just the older Caddy engine from the earlier kits in the DeVilles.

The engines in the Eldorados are all Olds engines from the Toronados with "CADILLAC" script added to the valve covers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

What about the supposed 472 in the later model Johan Caddys?

I honestly can't recall the straight scoop on that one right off hand...

If I can find one cheaply that might have to do. My engine donor was an Eldorado. 

Posted (edited)

After seeing Can Con's post about modding a Ford to look more like the big Caddy, and pulling up some photos of the Caddy...with even exhaust port spacing and a front-mounted distributor...it kinda seems to me the hot setup would be to lightly massage a Ford and see if you can score a set of the Caddy valve covers from an Eldo.

EDIT: Maybe...but I certainly have not researched this enough to really give any advice here, and I know essentially nothing about that generation of Caddy engine.  

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1