Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not many shops left around here anymore, I don't think there's any left inside city limits. But there's Des Plaines hobbies in Des Plaines, Walts Hobbies in Crestwood, Berwyn Toys and Trains in Berwyn. Walts is my go to shop, they are well stocked on kits and paints, and they have a big selection of trains and rc stuff too.

9 hours ago, chitownbri said:

Not many shops left around here anymore, I don't think there's any left inside city limits. But there's Des Plaines hobbies in Des Plaines, Walts Hobbies in Crestwood, Berwyn Toys and Trains in Berwyn. Walts is my go to shop, they are well stocked on kits and paints, and they have a big selection of trains and rc stuff too.

1 hour ago, Mike 1017 said:

There is also Ron's Hobbies in Mundelein and B&G Train World in Elgin (never went there when I was in the area).  The two great ones (from the time I was transferred there) were Venture Hobbies in Wheeling and Al's Hobbies in Elmhurst (both long gone).

Des Plaines Hobby probably not too much of a hike from Elk Grove. Ron's in Mundelein was already mentioned, and it's well worth stopping there if you're in that area. There is a well-stocked Hobbytown USA on Waukegan Road in Northbrook too.