Model Cars Magazine Forum

mountaindewd builds

Be easy on me, it's my first time......

...posting a build on MCM that is.

This one started with the Italeri PB 378. I stretched the frame and added a third drive axle from the PB 377 kit as well as the 70" stand up sleeper.

P1020561.jpg

P1020558.jpg

I scratchbuilt the headache/storage rack.

P1020586.jpg

P1020588.jpg

In addition, I modified the kit wheels in order to make the hubs more believable.

P1020895.jpg

The kit supplied Detroit Series 60 got plumbed, wired and decaled. Valve cover and air intake manifold is Alclad II polished alum.

Detroit blue can be picked up at most auto parts stores, Frieghtliner dealer or Detroit service centers.

P1020736.jpg

P1020729.jpg

Stripped all of the chrome. This was replaced with Alclad II polished aluminum. I also cut out a drop visor.

The grille mesh is from Plano model products. http://www.planomodelproducts.com/frames.html (HO scale

trains/scale builder mat.{slotted design is "Apex", Morton is round hole})

P1020981.jpg

P1020907.jpg

Thanks for coming,

more to follow,

Les

Edited by mountaindewd

Looks great.

The tool box is really nice.

where did the latches come from?

I Could use a dozen or so of those babys.

The Alclad II polished aluminum looks really great.

nice wheels and tires.

Motor and dash is Excellent..

Pics need to be waay bigger to see all that great detail :D

Aren't you glad Ben found that Apex slotted screen?

Absolutely! there couldn't be a more perfect mesh out there for PB grilles. Unless someone were to make the oval mesh, that would be sweet!

PS: Maude? You have dated yourself now.

HeHe! Funny!..... everytime the phrase "and then there's" pops in my head or outta my mouth, that theme comes to mind. I honestly can't remember whether I liked the show or not, I was too young, but this little piece of that theme has been burned in my head for all of these years. Good Times is another one. Phew.....DY-NO-MITE!! HaHa!

Absolutely! there couldn't be a more perfect mesh out there for PB grilles. Unless someone were to make the oval mesh, that would be sweet!

HeHe! Funny!..... everytime the phrase "and then there's" pops in my head or outta my mouth, that theme comes to mind. I honestly can't remember whether I liked the show or not, I was too young, but this little piece of that theme has been burned in my head for all of these years. Good Times is another one. Phew.....DY-NO-MITE!! HaHa!

Great work!

Maude was a classic show. Many TV shows of that era were brilliant. In fact, shows of that quality and political dialog only appear on HBO today. We are so politically dumbed down as far as television programs nowadays. Just a bit of trivia, Good Times was a spin off of Maude. Florida was Maude's day maid. What I couldn't understand was Maude was situated in the New York City suburb of Tuckahoe. Florida lived in a hosing project in Chicago. Now that's a hellava commute!

How close is Howards's mesh? (KFS)

mesh.jpg

Finished this up over the weekend.

To recap,

I replaced the chrome with Alclad polsihed aluminum, stretched the frame and added a third drive axle as well as the sleeper from the 377 kit. I also scratchbuilt the headache/storage rack and added a 2 1/2 inch lift to the suspension followed by tires from KFS via Sourkrauts.

Les

P1030326.jpg

P1030432.jpg

P1030364.jpg

P1030367.jpg

P1030424.jpg

P1030448.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say Thanks for the comments everyone. I had fun building the 378. I am now underway on my next build. I'll post pics as it progresses. I am going to change the title of this thread and post all of my builds here starting with a couple past ones yet to be posted here.

Thanks again,

Les

Edited by mountaindewd