Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Aussie Police Car

Zaibatsu

Hi all, I'm new to the forum this is my first post :D I'm on a couple of other forums as well so maybe some people already know me but anywayz...

Just thought I'd share the latest addition to my collection.

Its a home made Australian Federal Police patrol car, custom built from a white Biante premium BA Ford Falcon model 1:18 model.

Added were the decals, light bar and LED's for the headlights, tail lights and flashing lights in the front grill...

I uploaded a video on youtube for anybody interested in looking, the tail lights werent flashing in this video but I have since got them up and running as well ;)

Heres the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_zrq4AFe3M

Great job on the LED's but the only thing I could say that I find not quite right is the headlights no not the flashing part that's OK I think to make it look even better they should have been on permantly especially if U used Luxeon LED' that throw the light down the road, othetr than that great mate well done on an Aussie great and a Ford for a change. Oh by the way welcome.

Dingo :D

Edited by Dingo

WoW Z, that's COOL! Who ARE the Aussie Fed. Police? We don't have Federal police here, each state has their own state,local police. What kind car is that, It kinda looks like a 4dr GTO. I think they're called Holden Monaro's down unda.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here,as it IS the BEST forum on the 'net! :D;)

Thanks for the reply and the welcome dingo :D

As you said, having the headlights solid is probably more the way I should go, I might make a couple of alterations.

Since that video I have also got the red tail lights operational and am thinking about putting a white spotlight on the drivers side of the roof that points out to the side, much like a lot of NSW highway patrol vehicles have...

WoW Z, that's COOL! Who ARE the Aussie Fed. Police? We don't have Federal police here, each state has their own state,local police. What kind car is that, It kinda looks like a 4dr GTO. I think they're called Holden Monaro's down unda.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here,as it IS the BEST forum on the 'net! ;);)

Hi george, thanks for the welcome :D

We have mostly state police in Australia as well, all the states have their own police forces, and then ontop of all of them are the Aussie Federal police, they are rarely seen, only in extreme circumstances.

The car I modified was a Biante Ford Falcon FPV BA.

Similar to this one, except white:

Ford_FPV_GT-P_Sedan_front_quarter2.jpg

Z, so there kinda like our FBI? The car is just too cool. Why you guys got such NICE lookin cars an WE get the junkie ones?!

Heck , we even had to STEAL you guy's car to make the GTO! Only other place I'd like to live, other than HERE, is THERE! Oh yeah, WITHOUT the badassed spiders an ants ya'll have! :lol:

Z, so there kinda like our FBI? The car is just too cool. Why you guys got such NICE lookin cars an WE get the junkie ones?!

Heck , we even had to STEAL you guy's car to make the GTO! Only other place I'd like to live, other than HERE, is THERE! Oh yeah, WITHOUT the badassed spiders an ants ya'll have! :lol:

Haha yeah mate the federal police here would basically be the same as the FBI for you guys, when the regular police can't handle it, these guys get called in.

Heres a piccy of a real Aussie federal police car, its a different vehicle to my model though:

1ce8i.jpg

My next goal is to make one of the Aussie victorian evo highway patrols, I love their look:

victorian-police-evo-x-1.jpg

Wow, Z, even your cop cars are cooler than ours! Max would look right at home in that bad boy,even WITHOUT the blower! An if you CAN'T see it's a Police car, you'd HAFTA be blind! :lol:

Haha yeah they arent shy when it comes to paint schemes for the police here, but that can work against them because like you said, they are clearly visible, any criminal that can't see them from 4 blocks away and escape deserves to be caught! :D

That'd be right, reminds me of the days when the N.S.W. (New South Wales) Cops used Mini Cooper S's in the early to late 60's as Highway patrol cars and everyone though they where real nutters man now the Vic coppers R going Mitsubishi Evolution's what next Suzie Caputunnos he he he.

Dingo B)

Great looking car! It looks very similar to the U.S. Ford Taurus from the 1990's. I have been searching for a diecast Taurus for a court display in a murder trial here in the U.S. I am making a diorama model to show how specific damage was done to a fleeing vehicle that murdered a witness. The suspects shot the guy in the head and them backed out of a farm driveway, striking the right rear door against the farm gate. We matched the damage from the gate to the vehicle but I need to show the jury in the case how it exactly happened.

I have a 1:24 scale model of the 1990 Ford Taurus but have not yet started to cut open the door. After seeing this Falcon, it is similar enough to the Taurus to do the job. Also, the 1:18 scale would work much better in court. I am going to scratch built the farm gate and stone pillars that were involved in the unique damage.

Can one of our Aussie friends please contact me at my email so I can find out how to purchase one of these Ford Falcons? They are not available here in the US.

No joke. I run the Crime Scene Unit with the Frederick County Sheriff's Office in Maryland, USA. My below email is a government email and is for work.

Thanks for the help...Rick

rwiner@fredco-md.net