Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Rebuild

Dingo

There has been a lot of flack about this hotrod mack so I have decided to rebuild it back to what it should be and the photos below will show you the transformation form hotrod rig to old time tipper.

From this:

000_1478.jpg

To this:

000_1501.jpg

000_1500.jpg

000_1502.jpg

Including motor replacement from V8 to original Mack motor.

Dingo B)

B) Humph..................... sum of these turds jus ned to get a life. Iffin they don't like it hey they have the option to build something that they do like ! They also have the option to not look at the pictures and make a comment as well. Hey, if the subject matter dosen't excire ya , move on Brutha! As many kinds of styles as we have here on this forum ., there absoloutely HAS to be something out there that appeals to your taste !

With that, Im going to now pull the cylinder head off my 78 Ford F-100 .............. Ed Shaver

Guest Davkin

I personally like the change but I didn't criticize you for the hot rod version. It's just a model and it's your model, so do with it whatever you want, if some people don't like it that's okay, it's far more important that you like it, afterall you do build for yourself, right?

David

Thanks guys but as it turns out I in the end didn't really like it either so apart from others not liking it I'm the person who has the final say and as I'm not really into it as I thought I was, I'd rather have this old girl anyway. Besides I'm thinking of building not as the tipper shown but as a replica of my dad's truck he had a flattop that carted rolls of paper for the local newspaper back in the 50's & early 60's the only difference will be mine will have a closed in front (windscreen) where my fathers cab was an open cab.

Dingo :rolleyes: