Model Cars Magazine Forum

Memorial Day

I would just like to thank every one involved in making our nation a safe, free place to live. I would like to remember all of the fallen heroes that have sacrificed there lives for our safety even through out our country's economical, political, and just plain hard times.

God bless and thank you

Edited by vizio93

Guest Davkin

Let me express my gratitude as well to all our military men, women and families, veterans as well as currently serving. I appreciate your willingness and sacrifice to do that which most of us won't. May God bless all of you for your service.

David

And they still give. Perhaps you watched the Memorial Day Concert from DC last night. THe show had Nellie (Mom) Jose (Vet) and Liz (sister). Jose is at the Haley VA in Tampa and my Rolling Thunder chapter goes to see him every few months. Hell of a kid.

The show also had quick glimpses of the American Gold Star Mothers. I was with them in Miami a couple of weeks ago for the renaming of the hospital to the Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center. Bruce is the son of Georgie Carter-Krell. Bruce was awarded the Medal of Honor for jumping on a frag.

Next month we'll be going back to Miami for the American Gold Start Mothers National Convention. If I would have been able to make DC and Rolling Thunder this year, Theresa Davis (American Gold Star Mother) would have been on the back of my Wide Glide.

I feel the pain of my fallen brothers everyday. I came back without a scratch - they came home in a box. I will never forget them or their families. I will do my best to make sure YOU never forget our fallen heroes.

We (Vietnam Veterans Gathering) will be bringing The Wall to Palm Chevrolet in Ocala, October 15 - 19, 2009.

I would like to thank all those before me who paved the way for myself and all the members of today's military.

Thank you for your service, those who have fallen and those who have returned home, you are not forgotten.

If you are able,

save them a place

inside of you

and save one backward glance

when you are leaving

for the places they can

no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say

you loved them,

though you may

or may not have always.

Take what they have left

and what they have taught you

with their dying

and keep it with your own.

And in that time

when men decide and feel safe

to call the war insane,

take one moment to embrace

those gentle heroes

you left behind. -Maj. Michael Davis O'Donnell

Lest we forget.

Sincere thanks and Heartfelt salute to all the true heroes past and present.

Semper Fi, USMC 13th MEU. "Tanks for the memories."

Edited by N1095A

This day is NOT for the living. It is to REMEMBER the TRUE HEROES of our country.We are ONLY here thru the grace of God. THEY are with him, because they gave their most precious gift BACK. WE must NEVER forget THEM in thinking about ourselves.THEY are the TRUE AMERICAN HEROES. We only played in the same games.God Bless you ALL ,my Brothers. You SHALL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. Rest in Peace.

I'm on my way to visit my WWII hero, my grandfather. He's going to be 90 in June.

He's still as feisty as ever...but his hearing and his eye-sight isn't quite what it once was.

Here's to him and all the other vets and active duty personnel who served!!

THANKS!!