Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stereo Question

Guys,

Who would you recommend for scale stereo equipment? What I'm looking for is speakers and monitors for a couple of projects including my diorama.

I've found a couple of people selling the decals or printouts that look like speakers on eBay, but I'm wanting the actual 3D style.

Thanks,

-Scott H.

Detail Master makes three different sheets of p/e speaker covers and MCG makes a p/e sheet of in-dash stereo faces. I believe someone else makes resin speaker boxes but since I've never bought them I don't have a name.

robw

I've gotten some very nice resin subs & amps from The Parts Box, although you're on your own as far as cabintery goes(it does vary by the car anyway). Check them out at www.thepartsbox.com , and don't be intimidated by the fact that they're in Australia - their communication and shipping time is second to none. To make it worthwhile, I had 2 buddies go in on an order with me, and we split the postage.

If you can find the last issue of AMT's Dodge D-50 pickup, the kit-supplied bed cover had 4 subs molded into it....IIRC they were roughly 15" speakers in scale. I made a latex mold of mine several years back and popped out a few epoxy-resin copies before the mold wore out.

The recent Revell snapper Caprice police car has a nice laptop-ish computer, and the screen from that unit could make a nice dash-mounted screen as well.

Thanks for the replies,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob,

I've looked at the photo etched details an I'm not sure they will work for what I'm wanting right now but I have bookmarked it for later ideas.

Dave,

I have the parts box loaded in another window right now and they have a bunch of stuff on their site! I know what I'm going to be doing for the next hour or so now... :lol:

I actually have the D50 with the subs in my kit stash. Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten completely about it!!!

I'm going to have to check out the Caprice too, I think I still have the kit, but I'm not sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone else has any other suggestions, please post them. I'm looking for a variety of items for the models and don't know exactly what I'm going to use in them yet. I'm kind of shopping around right now as it were.

Thanks again,

-Scott H.

Scott, Try Pegusus Hobbies. It's run by a bunch of lowriders guys an they got ALOT of that kinda stuff.(Stereos,Amps Speakers) They REALLY look good too Daddy-O, Does someone got a website for Pegusus Hobbies? I think Mr.BIGGS might carry their stuff too. :lol: