Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi, built this recently, pretty much straight out the box, its the AMT 1:25 kit, really nice to build. The only extra part was the front bumper, kindly supplied by a fellow brit modeller.The part is US in origin, but not sure who from.

DSC00556-1.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00553-1.jpg

The only really poor part of the kit is the exhaust stacks, somthing which would be better sourced from another kit in this case, or metal items. After I took the pics I notied one of the rear tyres was loose, it can be just about seen, my 3 yr old son decided to take the truck for a push!! B) luckily it survived ok.

Thanks for looking, Lee

Edited by alfa_owner

Looks good and nothing wrong with "out of the box". Most of my builds are from box with a little mod here and there at times. Hate doing engine detail then when the engine's dropped in the detailing can't be seen which is what happened with the Ford Aeromax I built. Oh well...

Win

Thanks for all the comments everyone, Ive had a look at KFS stuff, and will at some point order some bits, theres another truck parts supplier in austria who has lots of goodies too. Truck Model World (am I allowed to say that here) :unsure: has been doing features of chassis air plumbing and engine wiring which Id love to try sometime, probably on a spare engine.

I had to do a fair bit of filling on the tanks and theyre still not very good, but at least theyre not chrome plated, although i did try plasticote chrome spray as a trial, and its quite nice, although dulls if handled too much.

Lee

Hi Lee, nice K100. The diesel tanks look good in your photos, I personally like the slightly duller finish of a working truck. Speaking of KFS, I recently ordered a resin flat roof for the Revell K100 with the idea of making a tougher-looking working truck with Budd wheels. I'd also like to try the metal parts but they're pricey :D

Edited by Simon

Hi Lee, nice K100. The diesel tanks look good in your photos, I personally like the slightly duller finish of a working truck. Speaking of KFS, I recently ordered a resin flat roof for the Revell K100 with the idea of making a tougher-looking working truck with Budd wheels. I'd also like to try the metal parts but they're pricey :angry:

Simon that will look pretty good with a flat roof, and the wheels too, yeah his stuff is a little expensive, but very good quality by all accounts, I couldnt justify the £10 for the stacks at the time as i thought knowing my luck id build a right snotter of a kit and would have wasted my money. I was told though that they come flat and have to be rolled, they have instructions, so with patience should come out ok.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Nice truck. Reminds me of the old B.J. and the Bear truck. I'd like to build one like that. I always liked the red with white stripes on that truck. Where can you find a kit like that? Never seen one around here or on the net.