Model Cars Magazine Forum

flathead exhaust question

hey guys

im building a '53 ford pickup truck with a modified engine in it

for the exhaust i am using headers and stacks

here is my question, in the real world , would i want to go straight from header to stack or would i want to isntall a cross over (X or H pipe)

which ever one would build the most power is what i want to do sooooooo....

thanks guys :P

i was afraid you would say that

(straight piping would be so much easyer )

anyways, i just noticed your PM (not sure how it slipped by)

the lambo V12 will definatly be interesting

i never worked with resin though so it would be a first

and your still trading all of this (not sure what we all said anyway) for the hondy body and a set of rims? :unsure:

i was afraid you would say that

(straight piping would be so much easyer )

anyways, i just noticed your PM (not sure how it slipped by)

the lambo V12 will definatly be interesting

i never worked with resin though so it would be a first

and your still trading all of this (not sure what we all said anyway) for the hondy body and a set of rims? :unsure:

well to me the x-pipe is the coolest looking one!

really, me too! lol!

and i will pm you on that, so i don't clog the thread!

Brandon!

If I were doing a real truck like that, I'd go for the x-pipe hands down. If it were for a model, it would really depend on the style of build. Now if it were to my specs, see the first sentence.......otherwide I've go to a more prototypical style of what would look right for that kind of rig. If it's more, and please pardon the expression, "Redneckish" for your area or low buck, make it look like autoparts store flex pipe or a whole munch of tubing pieces running from the manifolds to the stacks or something along those lines.

the whole "concept" of this truck is a shop or racer having something he can take to the races, either with or without a trailer :D

im going for a profesional truck that can put down some decent numbers as well as represent the shop as a decent peice of work (so no "countryside engineering" with 7 different peices of tube)

as i said before i am new to the whoel concept of a flathead so im just gauging the waters on weather it is beneficial to even run a cross over.

i heard the flathead cant flow very well anyway and you could get it to flow at its maximum capacity easy without the cross over in which case there is just no need for it.