Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Audi Quattro Rally car

Nick F40

Now, I know some of you don't know but some of you are probably shocked, I know...I build! :D It's been a while since I have posted something :lol: let alone finish. I decided to get going on my Quattro again.

I have put this off for a bit with getting a job but mainly because I was a little nervous about the rubbing compound polishing method and wanted to do that, even with all the decals, I still wanted it shiny! I wanted to do a different color as I'm not an overly huge fan of white and I thought this color would look good and it does! The paint is Dupli Color Medium Wedgewood. I started with 4000, moved to 6000, rubbed it with some Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound and finished it off with Meguiars wax. I'm going to apply the decals next, I'm whitening them up right now. ;) I'm going to also start on the engine next and post some pics up.

here's some pics

before

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

after

DSCN0549.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

Along with this i'm building Sainz 1992 Safari winning Celica GT Four RC :blink: