Model Cars Magazine Forum

93 ranger

Glen G.

i have started a new project today since i got my impala all buttoned up this morning. trying something i have never done before which is c-notching and bagging a minitruck. feedback is always welcome.

IMG_0679.jpg

no turning back now!

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

this is just a mock up of the back end ride height. the front will drop down a bit soon. it probably wont be totally slammed i may leave the west coast reverse rake on the truck just for style points. :lol:

Tagging this one to follow.

Nice start so far. I would definately put it in the weeds at all four corners.

I really miss doing truck kits. You just cant find any good ones now days. One of my favs to drop was the C1500 454 SS by AMT. I must have built 5 of those things as a kid, and now I cant find one.

Good luck with the build, and cant wait to see it finished!

LC

i got a little more done on the ranger today like shaving the door handles and emblems, also shaved the tailgate handle and ford emblem off the tailgate. got some more chassis work done too. cut the frame out and made the airbags. i am going to add some more styrene to the c-notch for strength and scale. i may have to cut my link bars though cause the wheels i chose are not tucking into the wheel well like i had hoped they would, they are rubbing a little but thats all part of the fun. right? anyway heres a few more pics.

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Nice.

Ive got one of those tucked away in the shop.

i used the aoshima toyota chassis in mine for adjustability.

100_8975.jpg

that looks really cool! i like the mat on the side. also is that a mustang front bumper or did you just graft it to the original ranger bumper?

• 2 weeks later...
some body work done now, almost ready for paint! got the ride height done, if you look close at the pic from the front you can see it is laying frame. sorry for the lousy pics.

Looks good so far. A friend of mine in high school had one just like this, except he had a smooth snug top on it with no side windows. It was black.

Dont forget that mold line on the back of the cab right infront of the stepside. Those are the kind that hide from you until that last coat of clear, and THEN you notice it.

LC

that looks really cool! i like the mat on the side. also is that a mustang front bumper or did you just graft it to the original ranger bumper?

The front bumper is from the AMT snap fast Ranger that was originally molded in Red plastic with white stripes, was a Jairus Watson design

Edited by horsepower

• 2 months later...
Great build. The wheels and color combo are a great match for that application. Any special info you learned from your first time mod you want to pass on?

i learned not to cut the hole in the box so large and instead of a square notch i would use different styrene materials and make it a little more shaped and smaller. also i need to use a different methoed for filling in the taillights and such, i just filled them with putty and next time i will cut some flat stock to size and then fill the small lines instead of the whole thing.