Model Cars Magazine Forum

Announcing the grand opening of Ma's Resin

Hi All:

I've started a part time resin business for custom casting & machining. I have a list & parts on my fotki at http://public.fotki.com/cnaind/

I will have some kits, but mostly specials for fellow builders who need a part for a rare kit, a project, restoring a promo or diecast. Your master/sample or mine. Parts available in resin (white, tan or colored) or soft rubber.

Thanx for looking!

Congrats! Nice items, I especially have an affinity for the Amphicar. Back in 72, a female friend had one! Leaked like a cheese grater!

Only advice, but when you give a time for delivery, stick with it. Give the customer satisfaction and you will go far. Too many recent resin shops turn up and neglect that portion. Let me know when you get that Amphicar up and running, I'm in for one!

-Mike

nice stuff! question? would be casting "TUNER" tyres? the thin walled street tread type!

thank you very much! Brandon

Basically, I'm open to anything. If you have a sample I'll be happy to cast it or if there's a kit part I might have just let me know what kit it's from.

Thanks for looking at my stuff & the nice comments!

Hi All:

I've started a part time resin business for custom casting & machining. I have a list & parts on my fotki at http://public.fotki.com/cnaind/

I will have some kits, but mostly specials for fellow builders who need a part for a rare kit, a project, restoring a promo or diecast. Your master/sample or mine. Parts available in resin (white, tan or colored) or soft rubber.

Thanx for looking!

Al,

Nice to see you here......

Guys,

I have gotten stuff from Al in the past, not only does he do what he says, his stuff is Dynomite......I just placed another order fomr some of his soft rubber tires, when I get 'em, I will take some pics and share....

IMHO, Al is the real deal, plus he is easy......just ask!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
:D Good luck Al, hope all goes well. Iknow I'm looking forward to checking you out. ;)

Like I said, Good Luck -- you'll need it (I give it 3 months before some LOUDMOUTH puts in a Rant)

no reflection on you or your products -- just the nature of the beast :)

Thanks Brian. I just updated last nite with new stuff on the list. I really enjoy it & have a long list of items to cast.

Do you ever go to the hobby shop in Sturbridge on Rt.20? I have several customers in Southbridge & always stop there when I'm in town. He has a good stock there.

Thanks again!

Shop as in hobby shop??? Cool.. Im in Moore Twp just over the Mt

Moore Twp...........yeah just a stone's throw away. My shop is at 1145 Little Gap Rd.( C & A Industries), but not a hobby shop :) .

Do you belong to any clubs?? I'm a member of TriState. We meet the 2nd Saturday of each month. If you want to go to a meeting, let me know. All contact info is on my Fotki page.

Al, good to see you getting started in the resin buisness!

What are you getting for the Amphicar? I've always liked them and I have tons of great reference shots, as one has "docked" at the Saratoga Automobile Museum for quite some time now.

Hey Billy:

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words.

The Amphicar isn't for sale yet; I'm still working on the master. I'll let you know when it's available. And thanks for the offer of the photos.

Hope to see you soon. <_<

What would it take to make some disk brakes like the ones Pegasus sells? I can get them through hobbylinc for $2.59 for a set of 4 in chrome. Can you do cheaper than that?

Hi Jim:

I don't know what the Pegasus disks look like so I'd have to check it out. I'm not offering any parts with plating yet, either. I'm sure I would be less than 2.59+shipping from HL but I don't have anything to offer right now.

Thanks for asking! Check my fotki site for new items every so often.

Be glad to. Can you tell me what kits to look in to find some? Or do they need to be mastered?

Thanks for asking!

Just www.scalfirehouse.com I work a a career firefighter and on the web site are a bunch of modelers who build emergency models. but thoes ford AA wheels would be great for my city service ladder truck.... check it out....

http://public.fotki.com/chrismooney/1934-ford-ladder/

Just www.scalfirehouse.com I work a a career firefighter and on the web site are a bunch of modelers who build emergency models. but thoes ford AA wheels would be great for my city service ladder truck.... check it out....

http://public.fotki.com/chrismooney/1934-ford-ladder/

Looks great Chris. If you ever want any of those emergency lites or other accessories cast, let me know.

Thanks!

Al, I have some things layin around here that I'd like copies of if you can do it. In particular, the bench seat from a 1968 Olds Toronado. It's VERY nice,looks like two Strato Bucket seats connected to each other, with a bench seat and bucket seat backs. They were a higher cost option on the larger B-bodied 66/71 G.M. cars. I also have ONE white walled Slick and Mag wheel set up from the Monogram "Lil Coffin". They're 4 peices The Mag, a whitewall insert, the tire itself,then a backing plate. Is something like this up your alley? If your interested, just let me know,an hopefully we can work something out. :D

Al, I have some things layin around here that I'd like copies of if you can do it. In particular, the bench seat from a 1968 Olds Toronado. It's VERY nice,looks like two Strato Bucket seats connected to each other, with a bench seat and bucket seat backs. They were a higher cost option on the larger B-bodied 66/71 G.M. cars. I also have ONE white walled Slick and Mag wheel set up from the Monogram "Lil Coffin". They're 4 peices The Mag, a whitewall insert, the tire itself,then a backing plate. Is something like this up your alley? If your interested, just let me know,an hopefully we can work something out. :angry:

Hi George:

Be glad to help you out. I think I have both those kits though, so let me check & I'll get back to you tonite.

Thanks for asking!