Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets Do The Twist!!

Smart-Resins

This will be primarily box stock with my own "twist" to it, wich happens to be HOK Kustom Kolor Ultra orange wich reminds me of a tangerine. So my own twist litterally LOL> The interior is vynl white. All painted up. Just need to do the details to it, then paint the roll bar and it will be done. I will be adding decals to the body later today and finial clear coats tomorrow hopefully. I bought some automotive wax to axtually try polishing this one out some! By the way, this is my very first time painting a car body with my Paasche airbrush! I was advised by Alex to mix it down 50/50 wich worked really well. Sprayed on light and dried fast. I can tell by doing this though I will need to spend more time and attention to the primer and base coats. Wich was grey duplicolor primer, smoothed out, then white duplicolor primer for the base coat. The chassis is in grey primer right now and will be sprayed HOK Kustom Kolor Silver. The motor will be sprayed to match the body. I hope you all enjoy. Thanks. Jody

HPIM2374.jpg

HPIM2376.jpg

HPIM2377.jpg

Edited by Smart-Resins

THANKS for pointin that out Dave!!!!! Ya know, I THOUGHT sumpthin looked ODD about that kit.I jus couldn't put my finger on jus wat it waz.Now I's can! Thanks! :unsure::lol: I sent Jody an extra Vega hood I had, so hopefully we'll get an L-88 Vega hood outta this for a REALLY monster 454 B/M Super Vega!!!! B) Oh, Yeah!!!

Thanks for the replies guys. I had thought it was not quite right. But I still cant quite figure out whats wrong! Goerge, yes I am workig on that! I have a vega I am trying to convert over to a astre as well. Little here and little there as I get bore along the way! LOL. Jody

Here are some pics. I will state that sun and ultra close ups can change a perception of something. LOL. Seeing the body in the sun with the naked eye, it appears very glossy and like a metal flake or pearl. You can slightly see that in the pic, but not as well. As for the motor, in the sunlight or inside with my naked eye, it looks perfect to me! but getting this ultra close up, I can see orange bleed through! LOL. Anyways. As for the interior, you will note my silver painting (sharpy marker) leaves something to be said about trying to get perfection with the jitters! LOL. That is why I am fearfull of doing the gauge detail! LOL. Jody

HPIM2378.jpg

HPIM2381.jpg

HPIM2382.jpg

HPIM2383.jpg

HPIM2379.jpg

HPIM2380.jpg

Alright, now I have buffed it out with wax. I have not had a paint job this good ever. I am very happy! When I looked at the pics, I realized I had not gotten all of the wax off of the back. LOL. Went back and got that! LOL. You can see the shine better, but still not as good as it is! I can honestly see myself in it! I like that. Too bad I had not intended this to be show quality. I do have a body coming up thats in the pond right now that I will try to go all out on the paint job! Anyways, here is a quick mock up. Jody

HPIM2384.jpg

HPIM2386.jpg

HPIM2387.jpg