Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been a while!

tuffone20

Looks good Marty. I think those wheels look better with the tires you have than the tires they came with. Are you planning on a stock rear bumper or you going to make one?

Thanks, it's getting there and yeah I'm planning on making both front & rear bumpers.

great job dude i love it can u still get those kits? i am guessing on line ? love everything about this truck cant wait to see it done

You can still get the Lil Red truck and Dencon Resin sell a 72-81 Dodge 4x4 Conversion Kit for $14.00 and should be doing a bed as well.

And thanks it's getting there.

Marty

That's looking great.

BTW ,, Modelhaus has just listed a bunch of '70's Dodge pickup stuff including a complete short bed with the tailgate and tail lights. , ,, a bunch of different grilles etc.

Steve, do they have them listed on their site yet? Last time I looked they didn't. I do need some more tail lights so I'll check it out.

Thanks for the info.

Marty

Ok so I just went and saw this one today with my own 2 eyes and boy oh boy does this guy have you all duped. It's all photo shopped and its a really bad glue bomb :lol::blink::lol::lol: Naw I'm playing this truck is really really cool and looks great Marty!!!! I'm actually jealous of this one :) . An old high school buddy of mine and Mudpit had a green one of these he painted white and his dad had a 2 tone blue and white like this. He would kill for this I bet :lol::D Keep up the good work bud

Ok so I just went and saw this one today with my own 2 eyes and boy oh boy does this guy have you all duped. It's all photo shopped and its a really bad glue bomb :D:lol::lol::lol: Naw I'm playing this truck is really really cool and looks great Marty!!!! I'm actually jealous of this one :P . An old high school buddy of mine and Mudpit had a green one of these he painted white and his dad had a 2 tone blue and white like this. He would kill for this I bet :lol::D Keep up the good work bud

Hey Brian, remember that photo I took that I said I wouldn't post on the Moonlight Modelers web site? Well just for this I think I'll post it here :lol::lol:

I'm getting ready to mount the grille and I hate they way (MPC) really didn't give it a very good way to mount the grille in............ :lol:

I'm thinking I might add something right behind the grille so I can mount it right to the radiator wall?

And then I still need to make the front & rear bumpers, so if anyone has a good idea on building them?

Edited by tuffone20

Very cool project. I love the color and that scratchbuilt bed gate is awesome. I have one of these that I have had in progress for a few years now myself and I scratchbuilt a front bumper for mounting a winch that looks pretty cool. I am including a pic. just to possibly give you some ideas.

Can't wait to see the finished piece.

DSC03495-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

If it were mine (I wish),I would build a winch bumper for the front and a double tube bumper (with .100 rod) for the rear. Are you planning on adding a roll bar?

Yeah I'd like to put a winch in the front bumper, but I don't have one :) And a tube rear bumper sounds good.

Oh and yes I have a roll bar in it.

100_1628-1.jpg

LOL :) ah Marty your a good sport. :P:P;) We should do more build sessions that was fun.

There will be a Build Session Sat. Feb. 6th at the Hobby Depot 216 W. Southern Ave. Tempe 85282 11:00 till 4:30. I might try and go to it so let me know if you want to carpool.

I love how you got the stance and looks great but one question how and where did you get the short :D bed cuz I just bought the dodge monster truck kit to use on my dodge shortbed project to cut it down to a shortbed. B)

That's what I did, I took a long bed and cut it down to a shortbed.

Very cool project. I love the color and that scratchbuilt bed gate is awesome. I have one of these that I have had in progress for a few years now myself and I scratchbuilt a front bumper for mounting a winch that looks pretty cool. I am including a pic. just to possibly give you some ideas.

Can't wait to see the finished piece.

What color are you planning on painting your truck? And thanks for the photo of your bumper. Now get to work on your truck..... B)

did you use the stepside bed for the measurement?

Yes and it's really not 100% right as it should have also been shorted up some between the back of the rear wheel well opening and the rear of the bed, but I think it looks close enough that it works.

Hey Marty I have (3) double tube bumpers from old Toyota 4x4 kits ( I'm guessing Lindburg from size of truck ) If you think they may fit and its the style I can swing them by. 2 are painted so you'd have to strip them and one is molded almost mint green. These Toyota kits were as big as most other brand full size so its almost T-100 but I think the model was about 91 to 95 SR5

Hey Marty I have (3) double tube bumpers from old Toyota 4x4 kits ( I'm guessing Lindburg from size of truck ) If you think they may fit and its the style I can swing them by. 2 are painted so you'd have to strip them and one is molded almost mint green. These Toyota kits were as big as most other brand full size so its almost T-100 but I think the model was about 91 to 95 SR5

Thanks, maybe you can bring them by tomorrow some time after 5pm because I'll be leaving around 3am to go do my out of town route job!! B) about a 15 hour day and 370 miles!!! Hey if your not doing anything for the day you can tag along with me........ LOL

The paint is going to be charcoal grey with a set of HOK black marbelized rally stripes down the center of the hood and roof. I saw the paint scheme on a 1:1 Dodge Ram 4x4 and the look was awesome. I keep trying to get back to mine but the list of ongoing projects is just so long.

Edited by 1320wayne