Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Street Truck Community Build- Deadline December 31St At 12:00Am

Nick Winter

the only problem with lowering the rear is the transmission part of the frame would be touching the ground.

Can you channel the bed over the rear suspension and make the bed shallower? Since there is a bed cover - When it is down the shallow bed will be hidden.

Stance is EVERYTHING!

alright alriiiiiiiight i'll figure something out...

as far as there being a bed cover - it actually lifts up and reveals the peep hole to check out the rear diff and stuff..

i'll probably notch the transmission brace and try to make it flat with the frame. i need to do that with the top of the transfer case for the interior piece to fit on the frame too.

i'm gonna get to working on it now.

the only problem with lowering the rear is the transmission part of the frame would be touching the ground.

a mild Z in the rear will work for you.....heres what I mean....

look at the rear....see how the frame is lifted???

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_1049A.jpg

look at the circles.....see how the frame is lifted front and rear.....thats a "Z"

Edited by MikeMc

per request here is what i have been up to this weekend

i got the supra rear end mounted to the frame

this gave me the exact location of everything else

so i installed the radiator (was a lil bit afraid it might not clear the hood but there turned out to be plenties of room)

i got the intercooler build and the turbo hooked up

build the exhaust

put the intake manifold in and ran the charge pipes

(the engine and intercooler are one unit now but not yet mounted to the frame)

IMG00013-20091122-1733.jpg

IMG00015-20091122-1734.jpg

did i mention i also managed to slap on some paint :(

the yellow is not as bright as i hoped it would (hopefully some clear will make it pop)

there is also a little bit of orange overspray (freehanded it) but in general im pretty pleased with it so far

(keeping in mind in just getting started scratchbuilding)

IMG00017-20091122-1807.jpg

IMG00018-20091122-1808.jpg

i also talked to a board member about getting some custom decals so there is still more coming

(i forgot to ad a picture of the dash, that is the largest single piece of this kit that will NOT be modified)

i love it dude it looks killer

alright, so i've changed it up.

the rear diff was too plain looking for such a radical and off the wall idea..

so i got the rear diff from one of the skylines i have and converted the rear to have the correct axles and diff. i had filled the hole in the diff with putty, and started sanding it, etc.i lowered it into the frame and now the rear wheels will set better. i also chopped off the transmission cross-member and sanded that area down. i have to fix up the transmission mount to make it look better.

here's the latest stance i got:

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

i also gotta finish sanding and re-painting the frame, more than likely a brush job.

lemme know if this is better :(

alright, so i've changed it up.

the rear diff was too plain looking for such a radical and off the wall idea..

so i got the rear diff from one of the skylines i have and converted the rear to have the correct axles and diff. i had filled the hole in the diff with putty, and started sanding it, etc.i lowered it into the frame and now the rear wheels will set better. i also chopped off the transmission cross-member and sanded that area down. i have to fix up the transmission mount to make it look better.

here's the latest stance i got:

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

i also gotta finish sanding and re-painting the frame, more than likely a brush job.

lemme know if this is better :(

dude thats sick

There you go!!!!!!!

It looks like a street killer now!!!! :rolleyes::P

But you really gotta move the gas tank and filler neck

i agree.

i want to have a fuel cell in the rear of the frame, but due to time constraints i'm not sure i'll have the ability to get that done in time for the deadline, unless somebody wants to lengthen the deadline a couple weeks hehe

alright, frame 99.9% done. glue is drying (will let it dry overnight)

just need to paint the parts in the frame, try to get it all set. i'll need to pick up some bottled semi-gloss black for uniformity and touch up the frame and other components.

up next? interior. seat belts, carpeting, PE window cranks and door handles, then install the seats and stuff.

here's the frame with the glue drying, paint bottles holding the wheels straight and flat..

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

the suspension won't be super detailed, as far as shocks and springs, though. at least for now, unless i can think of something else to do.

minor update:

the cab of the truck's body work is done. got rid of the gas filler, primer looks good.. i'm going to start the paint tonight or tomorrow.

i still have minor touch-ups for the bed, but it's getting closer.

sounds good be sure to photo update us.

Hi,Im a new member on here can I use my 1967 chevy truck ?

sure.