Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Man 33

Smart-Resins

Having a stalled project that I had a good idea on, but not really me anymore, I decided to use it to create something simular to these inspirational pics. Now, this one glue bomb car that has traveled the world round, will end up being rejuvinated into two different creations! This one comes first as it is way wild! The second pic by the way, has become my desktop pic! LOL. Jody

autorama20defibrillator-vi.jpg

PLY20rat20rod.jpg

HPIM2418.jpg

Alright. I stole the chassis from my 29. So in the future I will be looking for another good 32 chassis. LOL. Anyways, I had to do a pie cut(addition) to give the frame more kick up in the rear. Now I have to make it slightly longer to make room for the motor. I was debating using a 1/20 scale motor, but found a large enough 1/24 scale motor to make me happy. It yells power as well! I am using some 1/20 scale slicks in the rear to make them bigger as in the inspirational model. also using the side pipes from the engine I found. Here is a quick mock up to give yall the idea or concept I am after. Thanks. Jody

HPIM2421.jpg

HPIM2422.jpg

HPIM2420.jpg

HPIM2419.jpg

Alright. I stole the chassis from my 29. So in the future I will be looking for another good 32 chassis. LOL. Anyways, I had to do a pie cut(addition) to give the frame more kick up in the rear. Now I have to make it slightly longer to make room for the motor. I was debating using a 1/20 scale motor, but found a large enough 1/24 scale motor to make me happy. It yells power as well! I am using some 1/20 scale slicks in the rear to make them bigger as in the inspirational model. also using the side pipes from the engine I found. Here is a quick mock up to give yall the idea or concept I am after. Thanks. Jody

HPIM2421.jpg

Yer 33 looks ok Jody.......and I'm a nerf ball :lol:

That thing is AWESOME 6X over!!!!!!

Go with the Goodlyears :lol:

:unsure: Gonna hafta find me a Gravedigger kit-- that engine is sweeeet.

Having a stalled project that I had a good idea on, but not really me anymore, I decided to use it to create something simular to these inspirational pics. Now, this one glue bomb car that has traveled the world round, will end up being rejuvinated into two different creations! This one comes first as it is way wild! The second pic by the way, has become my desktop pic! LOL. Jody

autorama20defibrillator-vi.jpg

PLY20rat20rod.jpg

HPIM2418.jpg

WOW! That is sooooo cool! You're doing a great job on the build.

Thanks. I already snatched those pics from your thread. Thanks. Hope you dont mind!! As for the butterflies, those are the eyes that open! Thanks for the comments guys!! Jody

oh man that's too cool !!! are you gonna do some thing like that on yours?

oh man that's too cool !!! are you gonna do some thing like that on yours?

I do have a 1/8 skull shifter to work with. A tad small, so I am not sure!!probably be best to start with either a 1/26 or 1/12 scale skull ( not shifter either) for it. If I cant work wonders with it, I will use the engines blower. Wich this one is just for mock up. I have a fresh one I will be using for this. Thanks. Jody

Here is another quick update. First, I scrounged around for a over sized quick change, then some quick change outer axle halves for the right scale. I cut off the oversized outer axle halves and glued on the 1/25 ones. Then I took a fresh motor from the grave digger and cut off the transmission and rear mount. Then I cut off the front mount. After that I started to scratch build my new frame for this. More to come on the frame including engine mounts and drive shaft loops. Thanks. Jody

HPIM2469.jpg

HPIM2473.jpg

HPIM2470.jpg

HPIM2471.jpg

HPIM2474.jpg