Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truckster

torinobradley

This was just a spur of the moment plaing around thing. I had a F350 Truck body without a top thanks to a young, inexperienced attempt at chopping many, many moons ago and a saw and this is what I ended up with:

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

Engine is slated to be the parts pack 427. Body was sectioned down the middle to the tune of about a foot in the back and a foot and a half in the front. As a happy coincidence, the left wiper bottom lined up with the right wiper top!!! Took the bottom off at the belt line and sectioned the hood into four pieces, then glued em back together. The grill is a '53 Ford unit minus about a foot on either side. Wheels & tires are undecided but those in the pic are lookin pretty slick. Bed is the chunk I cut out of my '34 roadster pickup with a fuel tank from a small lighter. Windshield will be a short, frameless plexi unit. I was thinking some kind of bucket interior but may just go with bomber type seats and pod style gauges on the column from the '58 impala.

So far, it's been a lot of fun and I'm likin it.

Comments always welcome.

Edited by torinobradley

Guest Mustang3.8

That's cool, Andrew. It's amazing what you can build with parts from your salvage bin. I built a '61 Impala dragster completely from spare parts. Great start, bro. B)

Bravo sir... It's about time some more of these start getting built. I really like the look you are going for with the full hood and semi stock grill, just perfect. I am working on my second truckster, and have planned two more after that.

Thanks for all the props, guys! Lots of inspiraton there. In the same box is a poorly chopped 55 ford that will also become a roadster truckster. Will keep everyone in the loop on these ol' characters.

As for the smooth hood, the only thing that will break that is the blower hangin in the wind.

See Charlie Brown, there is life after glue bombs...