Model Cars Magazine Forum

CHEAP PHOTO BOX

This is sooo easy a caveman could do it , if they had this kind of stuff back then.....

This all can be done for just under $5.00 or even less, depends on where you go and how much you pay for stuff..

You will need as shown

30"x20" foam board

some kind of tape, preferably clear boxing tape

x-acto knife

ruler or straight edge w/ tape measure

pen or pencil

100_5426-vi.jpg

Second , you will need to mark the "bottom" side of the board with measurements and lines as shown.

100_5427copy-vi.jpg

Third , you need to start by placing your straight edge like shown and use your x-acto blade to cut "all the way through" to remove the squares as shown.

100_5428-vi.jpg

Fourth move is easy as well! Once you have removed both squares..... then take your straight edge and place it on the lines you drew and "score" , do NOT go all the way through! "score" the lines (as if you are cutting sheet rock). Once you have scored the lines, you will just bend each wall over and as long as you scored evenly, the walls will fold over EASY.....if they don't , go back and look where you need to cut deeper.

If you have scored nicely, when walls are folded it will look like this.

100_5431-vi.jpg

This is where the tape comes in! keep the walls up and tight together as you run tape on the "outside" of the box SEALING the cracks with the tape pulled snug. If you go around the box nice and evenly and keep the walls snug as you tape them.....you will keep gaps from forming. IMPORTANT....to pay attention to gaps!

If you have sealed the seams up, this is how the box will look ALMOST ready for photos!

100_5432-vi.jpg

Now that you are such a macho man, you wrestled foam board and boxing tape.....grab a lamp man! You NEED some friggen lighting when you take pics! The flash will NOT do the trick dudes! *you need both in most cases, flash & a lamp*

100_5433-vi.jpg

The light was just an old desk lamp with a couple flourescent bulbs in it. I used the flash on top of the lamp and the other lights in the room also. I really haven't used it in a couple months or so. All I can say is it was cheap and have been using it for over two years, maybe three? I don't want to stray from this topic, but given a little time I could show you what I use now and it's even cheaper!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...