Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #103 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Ok fellas! Rise an shine!!!! The day AIN'T gettin no younger!!! EXCEPT for Harry, You go head an rest as long as you wanna!...............HAAAAA, yas thought I was goin soft on yas??? NO WAY!!! This here's RoM Friday, an you ALL know the program! So up an atem Harry boy, lets get with it Bro, yas gotta LOT a RoM junkies out here jus waitin fo dey fix, INCLUDEN ME! So Hare, wats it gonna be? RoM? All yer junkies NEEEED ta know!!!!!!! :lol::D;);)

I had seen this model before, so instantly I knew the answer. The biggest giveaway for me was the headlights that look a lot less reflective than the real car. The tires are simplified (did Revell make it? :) ) and the panel lines are far too perfect and uniform.

That said, it's a spectacular 1/8 scale model. I'd like the real car or the model :blink: I have a Gulf variant in resin that I'm half tempted to build as the LM, but I love the Gulf livery too.

HOLY SHIP! That thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Looks like you could jump in it an drive away! musta been a BEAR to fabricate all that stuff, but it was worth it!!! Led, I SHARED my Mojo with EVERY body at least 3 MONTHS ago! Where you waz???? In case your still on the Moon, C'mon home you can HAVE some! Ain't no fun bein right allatime, so I lets some of my frens win once inna wile! Consider yourself my fren,Crazy boy! See I'ma nice guy sontine!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;) an if i hadda million dollars....I'd be RICH!!!!!

It's not. This is a scratchbuilt model.

Harry, it is available. If you have enough $, it's a limited production model of 199 pieces, it's not just a 1-off scratchbuilt. I rather doubt they'll sell 199 of them, probably far fewer.

"The model is accompanied by the book "Driving Ambition" written by Doug Nye in conjunction with Ron Dennis and Gordon Murray, telling the whole story from conception to realisation of this iconic car. The book, along with the certificate of authenticity that accompanies each model, will be signed by Gordon Murray .

The engine cover can be opened showing off the incredibly intricate detailing on this stunning 1:8 scale model. $4700.00"

It's not detailed like a Pocher...doors don't open, I doubt the wheels are steerable...basically a very nice curbside w/a detailed engine compartment (from the top).

Edited by Zoom Zoom

Yes, you're right, it is available...as a built-up model. I meant not available as a kit, which is what I think fujimilover meant.

Current price is $5358.00. :angry:

A CURBSIDE ??? For $5358.00.......I think it should at least start for that money!!! :angry:

Well THANK YOU Led, (the checks inna mail) BUT, the REAL reason we're here,IT'S RoM DAY!!!!!!! RoMday,RoMday,RoMday!! So fellas lets see if we can get Harry on da ball( or RoM)

PPSSSSTTTTTTT, Harry,,,,, Harry,,,, HARRYYYY!!!! Let's Go Blood, Times a wastin, we gots too much daylight ta burn,Daddy-O! HITS US DADDY-O, HITS US!!! Inquireing minds(Yeah,right) NEED ta know!!!!! ;):lol:;) .... Oh, And I hope you slept well. :D;)

Mike-O you a cold bastige,ain'tcha? It's still before 8:00 AM in Chi-town Bro, let the poor guy get his beauty sleep! Havein never seen Harry, he MAY need it! You an I were BORN with devastatingly GOOD looks, BUT, perchance Ol Harry wasn't, an he truley DOOS need his B-sleep! :D;):lol:;)