Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here I go again....

olarge1

You always seem to add something special to your builds. In this case its the wedge chop that gives the back half of the cab almost a teardrop effect. It really complements the stance well. It's gonna one sexy lookin' ride!

[/quot

Thanks, Bernard

Good Eye I wasn’t sure if any one would notice I try to make modifications subtle and thought that it fit the lines of the sedan, and accentuates that hot rod rake!

I dialed in the suspension tonight, I had to make the axel tubes longer, and I found that a little c notch in the frame helped me get the front extra low but still allowed room for the oil pan to clear...

tried a new wheel and tire package. What do you think?

2009_0825models0008.jpg

2009_0825models0009.jpg

2009_0825models0010.jpg

Here is a few pic's of how I lowered the front end , I sanding down the leafs it turns it in to a mono leaf spring and lowers the front I also C notched the frame to get a little more clearance.

2009_0826models0002.jpg

2009_0826models0001.jpg

And here is the rear axel. The tubes had to be longer so I cut off the tubes @ the housing and drilled out the housing inserted plastic rod and cut to length and fitted the mounting pins from the kit on the end of the axels.

2009_0825models0001.jpg

Edited by olarge1

I didnt have a blower in the parts box but came a cross this engen? I think its a Y block not sure,

I will look on line for some good blower set ups? any body have a any ideas?

2009_0827models0003.jpg

2009_0827models0002.jpg

Looks like a 390 T Bird ....where is the distributor mounted?

I like the fuelie look,,,put a set of long zoomies on it :lol::blink:

Hey, thanks guys...

I think the hardest part of a chop is not the chop it self but making every thing else fit?.. had to compleatly change the back seat area and re-work the wheel tub area.. came out ok .. i think a picknic basket in the back would look cool? just a thought..

post-4392-1251670654_thumb.jpg

post-4392-1251670709_thumb.jpg

post-4392-1251670767_thumb.jpg

When I started this project I was going to do a suede Green paint job, but had thought? Olive drab Green with Army star all faded out on the doors?...i just don't know... Has any one used photo shop to try different paint schemes? i have seen it done on other 1:1 forums. I don't know how to use photo shop or i would give it try.