Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Superbird

93Z34

As I posted in my earlier post, I've been working on a Plymouth Superbird along with my Daytona. I've got the body painted but I'm not happy with it and will be redoing it. I used the Testors line for the vinyl roof and was very impressed with that for a first time use. This car will be facotry stock with white seats and black carpet and door panels. I really like the white seat options in the old Mopars as they seem to really make the interior very attractive rather than having all black all the time.

70Superbird002.jpg

70Superbird011.jpg

70Superbird015.jpg

As I posted in my earlier post, I've been working on a Plymouth Superbird along with my Daytona. I've got the body painted but I'm not happy with it and will be redoing it. I used the Testors line for the vinyl roof and was very impressed with that for a first time use. This car will be facotry stock with white seats and black carpet and door panels. I really like the white seat options in the old Mopars as they seem to really make the interior very attractive rather than having all black all the time.

70Superbird002.jpg

70Superbird011.jpg

70Superbird015.jpg

###### that's a hot Mopar. I love Mopar muscle, Infact besides trucks and Pontiacs that's about all I build.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The vinyl top was VERY easy to replicate with the testors system. It also helps that this kit comes molded for a vinyl top so the seams and so forth are already molded into the body.

I was nervouse trying this new system, but the results speak for themselves. It's a two step process with the basecoat and then the color coat. You can choose from either black or white if I'm not mistaken. I will be doing more vinyl tops in the future, that's for sure. this system opens the door for many more building options, especially on my old Mopars.

And, Bill, it was your Daytona that inspired both my Daytona and Superbird builds. I have another Superbird kit waiting for the "full treatment" like your Daytona got. I'm looking forward to trying many of the techniques you've been posting here in your '49 Merc tutorial. :o