Model Cars Magazine Forum

CA Accelerator

Rider

I thought I'd pass this on to you guys who use CA accelerator, save your money water works just was well. If you want your parts to set fast dampen one side of the area that will attach with a dab of water place a drop of CA and TaDa your good to go.

I learned this through a friend who is a sales rep for Loctite, they make a ###### load of adhesive and other wacky products not just thread locker.

In a past life I marketed a product in the MotoCross world that relied on CA glue to attach this product to helmits. I found that the CA glue set up WAY faster in high humidity, I inquired about this at Loctite. One of the chemist comfirm this to me, he also said that if I damped the area with water it would set up even faster.

Try it, place a drop of CA into a drop of water and see what happens.

I thought I'd pass this on to you guys who use CA accelerator, save your money water works just was well. If you want your parts to set fast dampen one side of the area that will attach with a dab of water place a drop of CA and TaDa your good to go.

I learned this through a friend who is a sales rep for Loctite, they make a ###### load of adhesive and other wacky products not just thread locker.

In a past life I marketed a product in the MotoCross world that relied on CA glue to attach this product to helmits. I found that the CA glue set up WAY faster in high humidity, I inquired about this at Loctite. One of the chemist comfirm this to me, he also said that if I damped the area with water it would set up even faster.

Try it, place a drop of CA into a drop of water and see what happens.

Well, that makes sense! I just bought my first bottle of activator a few months ago! B);)

All this may be well and fine,but I just tried all of the above,and NONE of these made my superglue set up any faster. I'll stick with accelerator,applied with a toothpick;I never use the spray nozzle that comes with the bottle;goes a lot further.....

Hu, I'm using Loctite 401, sorry if wasted anyones time, 'works for me. Thanks Steven for trying it out.