Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1977 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Captain Obvious

Felt line a no-brainer build, so I picked up this kit during a 30%-off sale at Hobby Lobby. Paint is Testors One-Coat Root Beer lacquer with Wet-Look clear, interior is Testors Fabric Tan, vinyl top is Testors Wimbledon White topped with Dull-Cote. A built-up Revell '79 Z28 made the ultimate sacrifice and gave up its wheels and tires. Curbside, so no engine/chassis shots.

P1030332.jpg

P1030334.jpg

P1030336.jpg

P1030337.jpg

P1030338.jpg

P1030339.jpg

P1030340.jpg

It looks a LOT better in person than in pics...hope y'all like it! :rolleyes:

Edited by Captain Obvious

That Rootbeer color isn't too far off from the dark brown GM offered about that time. The Testors interior tan, to my eye, isn't too far off from the saddle interior, either.

That looks really great. I'm going to be doing one in dark blue with a white/blue interior and a white vinyl top, Rallyes and whitewalls.

Charlie Larkin

Nice looking Monte. My brother had a light blue 76. Monte Carlos, Olds Cutlass's, and Pontiac Grand Prix's were some the cool cars in my teenage years. Flip the breather lid, hit the gas and make the four barrels moan. lol

Edited by leereyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
;)

nice build up like it is this like the snap tight low rider kit i have seen on the shelves?

nice like it, will be getting one of them should that be the case

thanks for sharing the "no brainer" dude

awesome

:D

Yes, that's the low-rider snapper. The body and interior are very nicely done. The chassis is another matter altogether. It has "adjustable" suspension for different poses. It doesn't hold together well. In fact, it's poor enough that I can't even get it to stay put long enough to epoxy it in place.

You can use the frame/suspenion/floor-board off an AMT 1970 Monte, as they're the same chassis, and find an SBC to use as a colored slug for the engine, as it's a curbside, or, if you want to go for it, do!

Charlie Larkin